Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: ocd

I am wondering how your children are doing.

My daughter is in third year Vet Science and has OCD.  Last year, she slipped below the mark required for her to maintain the Scholarship that she is one.  We are still waiting for the results of her "Show Cause" plea.   Because of this, she has agreed to continue taking her medication and to actually seek counselling, but I am very worried that her behaviour seems very erratic.

She has found God.  The problem with this is, that she seems to be surrendering her free will.  She takes no credit, nor blame, for anything.

Has anyone got any hints as to how to keep the lines of communication open.  She seems to simply disregard any questions that I pose.

Lunar
Senior Contributor

Hello @jessydog @OcarinaJones  @Former-Member and @Tim_H

This Topic Tuesday we are fortunate enough to have SANE Australia Speaker Tim join us.

During this session Tim will share his experiences of living with OCD and give you insight into what your loved one may be faced with.

Join us from 7pm AEST, tonight - August 1st to ask questions, get information and gain insight into OCD.

The link to the discussion is here : https://saneforums.org/t5/Special-Events/Topic-Tuesday-OCD-from-an-insiders-perspective-1-Aug-7pm-AEST/td-p/223292

Lunar 🙂

Former-Member
Not applicable

Medication isn't always the answer, perhaps talk to you son about what the best thing that he thinks to do is.

Our Psychiatrist recently explained that the most effective treatments for OCD are a combination of medication and CBT. One isn't very effective without the other. I hope this helps, it's so hard trying to find a direction. Developing a mental health plan with our GP has really helped us and given us some hope and direction for the future.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us