Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Planet of solitude

That's really good @Faith-and-Hope

It's good to keep on practicing it all the time

@Twinklelight

Im not sure on your story but im happy to help where i can. Im not sure if youve already another thread if you can tag me and ill have a read...

Hmm it depends on the day really but i tend to just do what i need and push through.i use the forums and helplines as support, reminders to have some just breathe moments, have coping strategies that i find most helpful on hand and also have at least one self care activity planned.
Recently i made a 'plan' with another member which the things i needed to do that day, reminders to hydrate and eat something as well as a list of self care activities that i could pick from to do that day.
We have a few coping strategy threads that i can tag you in if you would like to get some ideas that might work for you too....

Maybe some of the things i do would help you too?

Well good night everyone
My phone is going to die in a minute

We have a big day tomorrow taking the kids out for the day. It should be fun. And it's all about snow tomorrow. Can't wait

That's sounds really great @outlander

You seem to be powering on. I wish I was like that. I don't care for myself very well. It's quite sad really

@Twinklelight its taken a lot of practice and alot of help over the past yr to get to this point. I believe you will too with time

Hoping tomorrow goes ok for you

Thanks @outlander

Hope you have a good day too

Welcome @Twinklelight

Great name and avatar. Goodnight and I hope you have a nice weekend with your family

@Twinklelight Hi Twinklelight we haven't met before but I am really happy that you have tagged me into this conversation 🙂 My daughter has been teaching me mindfullness. I go for walks and practice it as I go along. I look at a object in the distance and think about it and how it appears to change as it gets closer. What it means to me as I pass it by onto my next. Sometimes it can be a person or an animal or a man made structure. It helps to calm my mind.

I haven't been doing it for years, but in those years I have been doing it, too. Just do it when you think of it. For me it comes in waves now, reeeally bad times followed by better times than I've ever known. To have somewhere to go where your mind is not, where you can actually notice the beauty of life and have a good day in a place that is so safe, even if it is one good day...makes the clouds pass more lightly

I've been practicing mindfulness for about 12 years and I'm still a beginner. It's a lifelong process that I can't imagine life withiut! I think it can improve any situation exponentially if the person wants to start the process.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us