Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Not sure what to do !!!

mr shaz has brought up a few things that is worrying him @Former-Member , @Ali11 , @Former-Member 

so I am suggesting one day at a time first we are for the 4 days off over easter

mr shaz is smiling Smiley Very Happy

what are we doing over easter --- amm sleeping says mr shaz

this is mr shaz`z idea for a holiday @Ali11 , @Determined , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Jacques 

the most meaningful trip we did was getting in the car , going for a drive , stopping here and there taking photos , taking our time , staying overnight somewhere , sitting by a river , doing bushwalking

sitting on camp chairs in the middle of the creek

Taking time doesn't sound like a bad thing on a holiday @Shaz51, are you able to take some time in your schedule for activities Mr Shaz would like? 

maybe for easter @Ali11  ,we will

but when we go to Darwin , might be different , but he will go for his daughter

good night @Ali11 , @Determined , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Jacques 

hugs and hope you all have a good night sleep HeartHeart

@Shaz51 wrote:

this is mr shaz`z idea for a holiday @Ali11 , @Determined , @Former-Member , @Former-Member , @Jacques 

the most meaningful trip we did was getting in the car , going for a drive , stopping here and there taking photos , taking our time , staying overnight somewhere , sitting by a river , doing bushwalking

sitting on camp chairs in the middle of the creek

That is my kind of holiday too @Shaz51  😁

@Shaz51 that's my idea if a holiday too - especially in Tassy! I'm a planner too & feel fine having a set itinery... but then it causes me stress when things go a bit awry (as they do).
My hubby (decribed himself yesterday as a Hot Older Man so I'll call him Hom - or Hairy Older Man, ha ha) anyway, he hates to plan... sometimes we have to take turns, my mini-break packed full of my itinery or his day-trip just going anywhere. I just go along for the ride then. Is MrShaz open to that? It would be handing the Darwin holiday control to your daughter & being the passenger for a week?

I was also wondering if the Darwin holiday had to be May?  As it's a tricky tine for you settli n g my Mum back home

I just go along for the ride then.-- ha ha me too @Bea Heart

be handing the Darwin holiday control to your daughter & being the passenger for a week?--yes very true xx
yes my mum is playing on my mind when we go away @Bea  I am feeling very torn xx

I think I would maybe try to move/delay the holiday... but maybe that time suits others would cause too much trouble for others? 

So then (if me) would call Mum every morning & night for peace of mind.  Are there any reliable backups you could call if worried?  A nice neighbour?  "Hi Mrs Neighbour, I'm a little worroed about Mum, she didn't answer my call this morning. Could you pop over & see she's ok?"   We had 3 neighbours numbers for my Grandma.  Others we wouldn't ask, but those 3 always looked out to see if the mail was collected, the bins out etc. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us