Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Cancer took my husband of 40 years. Not coping.

it’s really hard @Starta ...... I understand, and feel for you.

Having lost my mother whom I loved dearly unexpectedly I can tell you that the raw feelings will lose their immediate sharpness with time ...... you are still on the early, most heart-breaking months when it is all you can see and feel ......

Incrementally other things will begin to creep back into your consciousness and begin to disperse the pain ...... slowly, slowly ...... this is the long goodbye that comes after the immediate shock ....... give yourself time ......

Hugs n hugs Hon. It really sucks.

Sorry to hear how much you are hurting @Starta . I can't imagine how tough it must be and I hope you get some support through the forums.

im so sorry to hear how much you are hurting @Starta . Glad you are able to write how you are feeling here and hope you know that there is a lot of care heading towards you and that we are sitting with you. hugs

Sitting with you @Starta 🌹

Hello @Starta, have being thinking of you today my friend

I hope you are ok , love to hear from you soon Heart

Hello, I've been managing my MH and my husbands passing okay for the last few months, 

3 weeks ago I woke up at around 3ish, and I could see my husband and his pain...I went down that night, I can't get out of this tunnel, it's been so long, 

I haven't been able to sleep in my bed since that night, I'm getting a few hours sleep through the day on the lounge...I'm scared to sleep in by bed at night, in case it happens again.. I shut my bedroom door 3 weeks ago and I haven't opened it since......I'm tired but can't sleep, I see his pain, I see him having a fit..ifirst time I ever seen a fit...I remember him falling, it took me hours to get him up....I just want to go to bed, close my eyes and not have these images or thoughts going round my mind.

Morning @Starta .....

I suggest you speak to grief counselling services and see where they can refer you.  This is likely to be something others have suffered in your situation and there will be support services available to help walk you through it.

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/get-support/national-help-lines-and-websites

Keep chatting to us here too, for peer support.  You are not on your own ....

4E0CC38C-1CD3-4DA0-BCC4-B015B5B03879.jpeg

@Starta .....💜💐

can anyone talk to me...please..

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us