Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Cancer took my husband of 40 years. Not coping.

@Starta, I am here for you my friend xoxo

Hello @Former-Member , @Peri , @Zoe7 , @Determined 

Hello @Former-Member  @Shaz51 . @Peri ..

Im sorry I haven’t been here much lately, I’m reading your threads but not posting..I feel bad...I’m having family issues, which took me down....I’m trying to do an online Mindspot course as well..and I’ve also made a few positives at work....

I don’t know if I’m coming or going at the moment... if I’m down or I’m okay...

Im okay..just not sure of much atm,,,

please take care of yourselves...

big warm 🤗 

Starta..

Hi @Starta ,

it is ok to take breaks.  But it is nice to hear from you. My thoughts are with you especially if you are sad. The mindspot course also takes time and if you are going to do it then it is worth putting proper time and effort in. Good on you for that. It shows a lot of strength and determination.

peri

Thinking of you too @Starta 💐💕

@Starta, I am here for you anytime my friend xoxo

Hello dear @Starta. It is always a relief to hear from you, as I know how much of a struggle March is for you. Any time you feel up to posting is much appreciated, but please never push yourself to do so just to please others. Do it for you, when you are ready and only if you feel it will benefit you to talk.

I am sorry to hear about the family issues you mentioned, I presume thats about your adopted son. These things resolve themselves over time I think, and you may well find that he will want to get in touch again soon. You had made such a strong connection with him when he took you home from hospital and stayed with you during your break back in Dec/Jan. The cannot be lost Starta. I expect the reason he has decided to cut himself off from you at this stage is likely to be outside pressure on him. I think there is little to be done for now, other than to wait it out and let him come back to you when he is ready. As hard as that may be for you. And unfair too.

I'm really pleased that you are doing the online Mindspot course, which comes with person-to-person psychological support as needed. I hope you are taking advantage of having that support while you have it Starta. Good to hear that you are making some progress with the CBT for PTSD course. It takes time and much patience to 'get it'. I did a similar on-line course a few years ago which my psychologist set me up on. I think it was called Virtual Clinic, run by a highly respected hospital in Sydney, and I too had access to qualified psychological staff as I needed. And even if I didnt access that assistance, they would phone and check in on my once a week while I completed the course as well.

How is your physical health at present, as I know you have a number of potentially serious issues there. Are you managing to do your volunteer work, despite this being a badly triggering month for you? And how about that group Wellways who were meant to be following up with you and another lady from hospital - have they been in touch with you again to arrange outings?

I expect it will be cooling down quite a lot in your part of the world Starta, and I think some rain too. We just had a couple of 29C days here, but rain overnight and again now. Much cooler from tomorrow, and night time lows meant to get down to 11C, which sounds jolly good to me.

I know what you mean about not sure how you actually feel right now - up/down/okay, etc. Its hard to determine sometimes as we struggle just to put one foot in front of the other. But while ever we continue to do that, then its progress. Give yourself a pat on the back Starta, you have almost got through another March. I actually thought of you on Monday, which was the 25th. I know it represents another triggering recollection for you, but it is also my Mums birthday. She turned 82.

But its now almost April ... so another one down. Onwards and upwards Starta ... you have made some really good progress these past few months, and I'm incredibly proud of you. I hope your little furbabies are watching over you very attentively.

Hi also to @Peri (will get to your thread later) @Shaz51 (love how you are here for so many) @Faith-and-Hope (another who spreads herself very thinly)

Much love and care to each of you.

Sherry 🤗🌺🐶

Thank you @Former-Member 🌷

I am here and listening for you too @Starta.  I carry many forum friends around with me in my thoughts.  Now that my baby dragons are pretty much grown, when I am not dealing with the rollercoasting issues that are constantly in the background, I have a lot of time alone with my thoughts.  Forumland helps me to not become overwhelmed with the things I can’t resolve in our situation, so sitting here with others is something I can do.

Wishing you all an okay day .... @Starta @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Peri @Zoe7  .... anyone else around.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us