Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Cancer took my husband of 40 years. Not coping.

@Starta, how are you today ? have been thinking of you and sending you tender hugs Heart

@Shaz51

Hello and thank you,

Im really not okay, just sit here day and night, I don't want to be here anymore I miss John to much, I should be with him, I don't want to be here.

Feeling for you so @Starta. Is there any way you can be closer to your children and grandchildren for awhile? Thinking of you 🌹

Feeling for you @Starta Heart

what things do you like doing , going for walks are nice

It is raining here , do you live in town , to have a coffee at a coffee shop , some window shopping

@Shaz51

Hello Shaz,

I have major anxiety/depression, john used to take me out, I never liked or really could go out by myself, anxiety stopped me, John understood and he took me out when I felt I could do. I find it nearly impossible now to go out, John was my well like my security blanket.

hello @Starta 

I totaly understand , My husband has major anxiety/depression too as well as Inherited depression and undiagnosed Bipolar 11 ,He never likes or really  go out by himself, anxiety stops  him , he wants me to be with him all the time

So many tears I've had today, @Faith-and-Hope, I don't who I'm supposed to tag, but I'm doing ok I guess, just this overwhelming sadness. Earlier I felt so much anger for john, why? I never get angry.

sending you hugs @Starta

@Former-Member, @Amour_Et_Psyché

Illness has tak n my husband from me @Starta. There are no guarantees that he will be diagnosed, or accept treatment if he is ...... and the long-term damage he has likely done to his system can’t be assessed yet either. There are days that I am angry, or crying in despair to what it has done to our marriage and family.

Your emotions will run a gammet if different states as part of the grief process Hon ..... try to just accept it in yourself and acknowledge it, as you have just now ...... by saying, I am SOOOOO angry / sad / disillusioned” ..... own the feelings because they need to be expressed instead of bottled ..... and this is an invaluable function of the forums as well. You can say it here anonymously, and hear, “I hear you” and, “it matters” in response.

It matters because you matter ......

Sending you lots of cyber hugs.

💜💐

I'm not wanting this anymore, I can't do this alone, I'm sorry but I just can't. I'm hurting to much @Faith-and-Hope im trying but gosh, I need him so much. I miss his voice, his laughter,his arms around me,his presence, it's so darn hard, one day here, next gone, 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us