Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: The really important things that new moderators need to know

@Phoenix_Rising Totally agree little turtle - Saney Sea Turtle it is! Smiley Very Happy

...and Forumland Flutterby next lol

Hello @Shaz51 and thank  you for tagging me in this post.  I have loved reading it.  Of course I am going straight to buy a tub of Nutella, yum.

Take care, MummaMia

Good evening @Former-Member @Lunar @Former-Member @Rockpool @Former-Member @Chamomile @River9 @Scout @NikNik @Lauz @suzanne @Former-Member

I thought of something else that all moderators should know. Did you know that according to the NASA website, one day on Venus is equivalent to 5832 hours on Earth: https://spaceplace.nasa.gov/days/en/ This means that if you happen to be having a superly duperly bad day and you can't think of anything positive about it at all and you are longing for it to be over, you can always remind yourself that at least you don't live on Venus. Smiley Very Happy Don't forget, 5832 hours. That will definitely be in the exam. Smiley LOL

Hello @Phoenix_Rising 

That sounds like a very long bad day! I think I would get through a few too many Nutella jars to get through one of those.

Take care, MummaMia

I wonder how many mods know who I am?
I.e. How many science nerds there are?
@NikNik, please tell me you have some science nerds on staff?

Nice to meet you @Former-Member 🙂

I wish I could say I was a science nerd - I'm super interested in it but my brain can't always grasp all of the concepts! If it's written or explained in easy-to-understand terms maybe I will have a better shot at wrapping my head around it. Maye you can teach me a thing or two!

Good evening  @MummaMia @Lunar @Pebbles @Rockpool @Amour_Et_Psyché   @Chamomile @River9 @Scout @NikNik @Lauz @suzanne @Froginthepond @Former-Member

Uh-oh, @Former-Member it is looking a little like no-one knows the answer to your question. Methinks you may need to enlighten them...and then we will put that on the New Moderators exam. Smiley Very Happy

I thought of something else that new moderators need to know, mostly because I seem to be saying it a lot lately. I have an underwater cave where I go and snuggle when the ocean is too tumultous for this little turtle to keep swimming in. CherryBomb and I found the cave the night she left Forum Land. We snuggled in it and she hugged me while I fell asleep. I like it there, it makes me feel safe. Anyway, to get to my underwater cave, you have to go a thousand miles out from the coast of Forum Land, take a sharp left, and then dive alllllllllllll the way to the bottom of the ocean. Thank you for caring enough to sit with a little sea turtle in her giant muddle. Smiley Happy

underwater cave by Zoe.png

Hello @Former-Member

I am not sure what makes someone a science nerd, can you tell us more about what makes one?

Thanks, MummaMia

Hello @Phoenix_Rising

Your cave looks like a super cosy place to settle when the waters are unsettled.  

Take care, MummaMia

Hi @Former-Member,

Well science nerd is a self proclaimed title. Anyone can be a science nerd, you just have to like science..... a lot. And preferably feel the need to tell everyone you know an interesting science fact or two.
And that's all there is to it. You've just got to like science a lot.
Google my name - it's one of my favourite neurotransmitters!
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us