Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: self care -- Food, Salt , Sugar , Water

download (5).jpeg

images (99).jpeg

@Shaz51 checking in to encourage you to keep up your water intake.

thank you my friend @Former-Member, I drink more water on some days more than other , fridays I seem to drink more water than other day

We had a nice piece of steak for dinner tonight topped with mushroom sauce and with green leaves and mashed potato on the side. Not sure how the amount of sour cream that went into it fits with my diet plan but it was yummy 😋

Home made chicken soup followed by wraps with chicken & Asian coleslaw for lunch.

Mr D has got meat pies out for tea.

Hey @Determined my son has been on a ketogenic diet ... where sour cream and full cream are approved items ... what a weird world we live in!  He has gone zero sugar and tonight I was a proud mum, cos he said throw on the broccoli and we polished off a whole on as side with chicken.

How to make quick and easy and healthy  YAY

Not totally convinced about keto .. but its good that he is doing research and taking interest.

Hope you are all well @Former-Member @Shaz51 @Faith-and-Hope @soul

we had asparagus, ham, mushroom on toast with cheese on the top , put under the griller

@Appleblossom, @Former-Member, @Determined, @Faith-and-Hope, @soul

You can keep the asparagus for yourself @Shaz51 but the rest of that sounds nice

We had grilled snapper on mashed potato and some sort of sauce. It was quite nice.

I don't often try something different when we eat out but glad I did. 

Chicken and kaleslaw for us last night.  My dr has asked me to go lower carb for a while.  My diet wasn’t high carb anyway, but there was room to pare it back a little more.  After five weeks I am noticing a tiny difference ..... clotheswise.  I don’t do scales.

ha ha @Determined Smiley Happy aparagrass

yes me too @Faith-and-Hope, one doctor sadi i need to lose weight but still eat , I am not too far over my BMI but been on the diabetes meds for 10 days now

i don`t have scales either

funny how everyone thinks " Just lose weight " -- then you will be right , ammm yea  right but because of my CKD the body is making it

Hello @Appleblossom, @Former-Member, @soul, @Former-Member, @Owlunar, @Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us