Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Walking for Wellbeing Thread

I know I've done very little walking this year. But starting next week my Outreach worker and I will be walking together. Having our get together and chat while we walk. I hope this will lead to doing others things to look after myself.
One step at a time.

Making a commitment to get back into some exercise, need to burn off some nervous energy and anxiety. I started the day with a 5.7 km walk (7500 steps)  and finished up with 11.35km (13600 steps) total for the day. 

Oh, well done @Determined .... ❣️

I am aceraging somewhere around 5km / day most days ..... happy with that .....

Was hoping for another walk this morning @Faith-and-Hope but someone was not pleased by my absence yesterday, don't want to inflame things so once again my aspirations are on hold to keep the peace. Have managed 4200 steps this morning doing the mowing however. (Some of that probably registered on the rideon) either way I was out moving and sweating that has to count for something. 

Sure does @Determined .....

Final tally for today was 7000 steps. (5.8km)
Aimimg to achieve a consistent average of 10k steps.

2.1km here today ....

Hello @Faith-and-Hope, @soul, @Determined, @utopia, @eudemonism

I cleaned for 7 hours today , I wonder how many steps i did -- a lot , sooo tired now

7-hours is probably 30,000 steps @Shaz51. That's a lot of cleaning in one day. No wonder you're tired.

@utopia, our customer gives us lunch so last night we were tired and had leftovers for dinner xx

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us