Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

It has helped me too @Snowie - hopefully chat later Hon Heart

@Sans911 how did your appointment go?

My appt with my pdoc was pretty interesting today @Zoe7

@Snowie

@outlander

Normally I'm in and out of her office in 10min. It's usually just a snapshot of my current mood, any issues that are bothering me, whether medication is working or not, and then see you in two weeks.

But today she wanted to know about my relationship with my mother, and had some questions about my background. We actually talked right up to the 30mins slot, and her phone rang to notify her of the next patient. I did not feel uncomfortable discussing those things, but I usually don't anyway with certain people.

She doesn't want to change or add medication, because of my high suicide risk, but I still remain on twice weekly pick ups from the hospital pharmacy. It's a little annoying, but the staff know me very well now, and it's not too far from home.

It's got cold quickly now as the sun sets. But I got my washing out on the line.

@outlander

How did you go with your car search?

It has been an interesting day for you today then @Sans911 - but good that your pdoc is on top of everything. I can understand that the twice weekly pickups are annoying - I only have weekly pickups and I am finding them annoying but I know it is for my safety and that is still an issue - only a minor issue but still having that temptation there is frought with danger - so I get it.

@Sans911 glad the session with your pdoc went well. She seems caring. Can too understand the twice weekly pick up but safer that way.....for now 💜

@Sans911 hope your feeling OK after session.
I've been on twice weekly pick ups for about a year. It's frustrating, but I understand why. I was working to going to weekly but my current month might have delayed that.

@outlander you are lighting up my notifications with your likes - how was the car - any good?

@Sans911 im glad this morning went ok. waiting is often the longest part but at least its over and im glad its all clear too.
sounds like your pdoc is trying to understand more about you in smaller incriments. sounds like you both have a good plan in place for now for your safety Heart

@Snowie @Sans911 @Zoe7 the bloody car well.... it was quite an adventure let me tell you! what was suppose to be an hr and a hrs took 2 hrs one way and 3 hrs the other. im only just getting home. i spent an hr and abit at the dealership and there was a problem and i said if you fix it ill buy it. so they got it fixed on the spot, only something minor (fault tyre making everything wobbly). so i brought it. i am very glad i took the trip up and i must say i think i done well basically on my own- drove a new car on my own, in the dark with a storm ( i dont do well in storms at all) with fog, in an unknown area and in a very built up place (dont do well in heaps of traffic either) as well as driving those all those hrs. lots of firsts for me today. my hands flared up though because of the driving and all because i was stressed coming all the way home i gripped the steering wheel so bloody hard.

anyway im home, i have a new car and theres no way im doing tha again anytime soon! tonight will be a breather as tomorrow is again another busy day from morning till arvo. theres something stressing me about tomorrow as something happened today but i guess ill have to deal with that tomorrow...

@The-red-centaur

Frustrating for you and me, but it's nice I'm not the only one. I've been on this system for nearly a year, and everytime I think maybe this time she'll let me go weekly, I trip up. I understand her concerns.

oh wow what a day you have had but A NEW CAR - yea you got it - woohoo @outlander

Tackle tomorrow when it comes - for tonight enjoy the fact you got the car Hon Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us