Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: The Challenges of Mental Health Wellbeing

was a very stressful day. im just glad that pop had someone with him for on the way home. he cant drive on his own due to a phobia any futher than half an hr. we were alot longer than half an hr thats for sure.
im lgad the day is mostly over though @Zoe7 i actually had to do lots of mindfullness and deep breathing while driving. was friggin scary going through all that on my own!

You did amazingly well @outlander - and used some strategies to help you get through - even more impressive - well done you Smiley Very Happy

Thanks @Snowie

@Zoe7

(you two realise your names rhymes; mmm.... might have to write a poem about that)

@outlander

I know it's for my safety, and I know the risk as well. So I'll work with it at the moment. It would be nice to one day NEVER EVER think about that risk again. I think it will be some time yet before professionals and myself trust my mind and actions enough to release that safety valve.

@outlander

You've done an amazing job of coping today lil Sis. Very proud of you. Well done. It sound like you're proud of yourself as well, and so you should be. Rest up now and deal with tomorrow when it comes. It actually might turn out better than you thought.

Yes @Sans911 we did discuss when @Snowie came back that our names rhymed - pretty cool hey Smiley Tongue

When we can take away even one of the risks to our safety then it is a good thing @Sans911. I have wondered lately if I could get my meds less regularly but then I have a day like today and I am glad that I couldn't.

@Sans911 i think mh professionals will always be worried about safety risks and im not sure itll be possible to never think about it again but even just reduced would be really great. baby steps though.
im super glad i got through it. to many obstacle for one day me thinks but at least its over and done with. im veyr happy with my new car its been what ive been after for the past 2 yrs and was a bargain buy.
hmm tomorrow is scaring me because of something. its in relation to the last 2 reports ive made. another incident today and its making me very nervous and unsafe going there on my own but i have to unfortunatley.. all well will just have a breather tonight

how are you feeling tonight?

@Snowie how are you?

Evening @Teej

I see you under the likes. I hope your okish. I'm getting used to having you around.

@Faith-and-Hope

@Former-Member

@CheerBear

@Shaz51

Feels like we haven't spoken in a while either.

I know I've been hiding away a little in my corner of the forum for a while, but I've often followed your threads and stories because you're still very important to me. Just wanting to let you know that.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

Hiya @Sans911 (and everyone). That was a nice tag to get thanks 💗

Hi @Sans911,

ive had a huge day and am totally exhausted. I’m going into a respite house for 4 days next week and am finally ok with that....until I actually have to go 😜. I just worked out I’ve had just under 6 hours of therapy, review and assessments in the last three days and I feel so spent in every way. 

Im glad today has been ok for you. You got through two biggish things. How is your day shaping up tomorrow? 

Im not long for this world tonight. I need a big sleep and then to try and pull myself together tomorrow. Hi @outlander@Zoe7@Snowie@Faith-and-Hope@CheerBear, @Former-Member, @The-red-centaur

Wow that is a lot of therapy in such a small amount of time - no wonder you are tired @Teej Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us