Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Positive for today...

Mum and Dad in-law got a contract on their house this afternoon.
Our next open house this weekend so hoping we get some more interest on ours. Agent is confident. Making some tweaks on the marketing side of things to gain some more interest. 

Darling is oscillating between excited about mum and dads sale and anxiety about our lack of contract. I am just too tired to be either at the moment.

On top of having a head cold I am drained from emotions post my meeting with school principal yesterday afternoon, don't know what to make of it. On the bright side Darling has not mentioned the water today and S2 seemed content when I collected him from school. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Feeling drained again tonight. Left home at 6 this morning. Got home around 3 this afternoon and found darling in a state of panic.

She had spent the day with her mum but lost the plot as soon as she was by herself.

I was contemplating calling in sick for work tomorrow but she seems ok at the moment so will play it by ear tomorrow. I can always leave early if necessary they are very understanding and flexible thankfully. 

A very big positive for tonight!

We finally have  a signed contract on our house. 

It has been a traumatic day for my darling in the waiting but hoping she can settle.at least a little.  I was at the end of my endurance by the end with the constant need for reassurance over something completely out of my control. Especially when right at the end they started asking al sorts of silly (to us) questions. 

Now the anxiety of packing. 😖

Moving in a little over 3 weeks. 

Congratulations! Will be hoping and praying that the packing and moving process goes well for all of you. 🙂

So pleased for you @Determined 

but yikes ... 3 weeks ... skates on. 

Gentle reminder Bro to throw in a few self care moments.

images (6).jpeg

This site has a couple of self care tips for when you move.

http://www.megansmoving.com/how-to-maintain-your-sanity-and-self-care-during-a-move/

This is my self care at the moment @Former-Member

My new little friend. 

Resized_20180812_115232.jpeg

That article looks like it was written just for me @Former-Member 🤣

I have just been discussing a to do list with my darling. Will be doing this on my large whiteboard in the office. That way darling can actively plan with me and see just how manageable it all is  and it does bl ot have to be done already. 

Perhaps a mini ceremony which may involve handing out a treat as your darling (or the boys, or each of you in turn)  has the pleasure of crossing a job off the list to keep the enthusiasm up @Determined 

Splitting jobs into smaller achievable goals so that people can see progress is being made.

What type of parrot is your new feathered friend @Determined

Little guy is a pied conure @Former-Member

We were not going to have any more pets but a friend sent a pic of babies as they left the  nest and I fell in love with this little one lol.

Planning to split our list into this week. Next week and day by day for final week. 

Darling is happy with this arrangement and is able to adjust things. This is a strategy that has worked in the past for weekly schedule but we have got out if the habit. 

Named my new friend Rocky.

I said as a Joke when MIL told me I had rocks in my head for wanting another pet and it stuck lol. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us