Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Thanks also @Smc

S2 a little more settled. He received some pastoral support at school today as did a number of other students who have been suffering in silence. I have a meeting with the principal on Monday afternoon. He is actually sick tonight so may have the day off school tomorrow, see how we go.

We have another house inspection tomorrow. Hopefully something may come of that. 

Re: Supporting my wife who lives with Borderline Personality Disorder while maintaining self care.

Had mum and sister over for our usual Thursday night dinner and was amazed when mum announced that there was another dry spell coming 🤬🤐

One would think she should know by now that Darling is anxious about water levels  even in the midst of a flood. She is particularly anxious at the moment.  

Even the thought of having to maintain a place for inspection is enough to send shivers down my spine @Determined so can only imagine how it would be with 3 young ones.   Will keep praying. 

Thanks @Former-Member

Another open house this morning.

Darling is doing a great job keeping on top of things despite all of the anxiety. 

Boys are helping above average as they are keen to move. Proves they can do it when they want to. 

Hi @Determined

Hope things went ok yesterday. Is the 4 legged boy back home?

Hi @Former-Member

No news on the house front, plenty of interest but no one ready to sign up 😞 

Both our puppies were home for the weekend but going back to Mums this afternoon, looking forward to having them back permanent 🙂 

Other than that it has been a rather bumpy weekend for us.

The stress of waiting for a buyer it seems is getting too much for my Darling. Hate to say it but she is acting like a spoiled child at the moment. Causing damage around the house is not what we need when we are trying to sell it Smiley Frustrated 

Then to add to the anxiety her parents were telling us yesterday about all of the people in the street ordering water at the moment. Then mum asked will we have to fill the water tanks before we leave. Nothing like making my life more difficult. Looks like I will be back to checking tank water levels daily until it rains again despite combined tanks being above 75% capacity. Not a difficult task, just irritates me when it is unnecessary. 

Unless agreed I don't think you would need to have tanks filled before leaving @Determined

I wasn't worried @Former-Member as I dont think it is a problem.   I Just cant believe it was mentioned in front of my darling 😕,  one more conversation I now have to manage. Those closest to us all know that water and rain are taboo topics around my darling. (And that is as much about me managing my anxiety as my darlings... I simply can't cope with her constant talking about the water in a state of anxiety).

@Determined am hearing you Bro.

Additional carer stress = 😬😬😬

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us