Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

I was never on top of our old yard @Former-Member, lots of big plans but no energy  or motivation to make it happen.  Gardens here are all established so much easier. Discovering lots of flowers around the yard coming out which is a nice supprise.  The biggest advantage has been the all ready established and defined gardens set up for low maintenance. 

It has actually been easier than I expected getting used to the town living. 

@Sophie1 

'Onya for picking up litter around the lake. One of those claws might be better for your back.  Public green spaces are so much nicer when kept tidy.

@Determined

I wonder too if our garden is too much for us to handle especially when Mr D is unwell.

We did however make a plan and I think the base structure is working well and  I can see in time and with time and with a bit more judicious planting it might be ok.  Finding the right plants that will thrive with limited TLC I think will be the key at our place.  

Former-Member
Not applicable

This is the choisya plant 

images (27).jpeg

A couple of small jobs done in the garden today.

- moved a 1/2 barrel that has a water lily in it (plant next to it  was overhanging it). 

- weeded an area, freeing a shrub that was not previously visible.

Garden starting to look nice as flowers come out. I just need to get in and thin things out to enhance things. Currently cant do that until after settlement though 🤬

20181111_155131.jpg

20181111_155810.jpg

20181111_155859.jpg

Looks lovely @Determined 

More weeding and planting done at our place. 😀

Former-Member
Not applicable

images (33).jpeg

images (40).jpeg

@Former-Member@Determined

@Sophie1@Smc

@Appleblossom

https://www.motherearthnews.com/organic-gardening/growing-fruit-trees-zmaz08jjzmcc

Have just transplanted two small peach/nectarine trees. Hoping to get a mixture of varieties. White flesh, orange flesh, peaches or nectarines. Strains. Early and late varieties. Put them into smalls piles of dirt mixed with pellet fertilizer & gave drink of liquid fertilizer. They've wilted little... have two warmish days coming up... hope they come good overnight... all up there is now four peach/nectarine seedlings out there.. will closely monitor and nurture... and will have to protect from dog running around and possibly eating/chewing/ pulling them up...

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us