Skip to main content

Opening Hours
Mon - Fri 8.30 am - 4:30pm

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Events and Updates

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

@Shaz51 wrote:

@Former-Member  I always seems to be running on empty . how can i helpmyself @greenspace 

Are there people you can say No to occasionally, @Shaz51 ? 

Or people who you can say "You need to support me as much as I support you" to?

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

G'day @Froggyhawk  Welcome to tonight's event! Feel free to respond to any questions or discussion points to share your own experience. Sounds like you have a lot of layers to work through, well done to you on reaching out for some peer support. It's a pretty awesome online community this one 🙂

Would recommend reading our community guidelines here too.

For me its a guy feeling or a slushy brain feeling or feeling like I have a monkey on my back.

I use an app called gratitude. It can give a different perspective on why I should be grateful and some of statements encourage me to write in its online daily journal. I recommend trying it.

@eheadspace 

Hi @Froggyhawk, that's a lot you're dealing with!

Are there people you can say No to occasionally, @Shaz51 ? 

Or people who you can say "You need to support me as much as I support you" to,, amm mkes it hard @greenspace  betweene customores , my elderly mum and my husband who has Bipolar 11 and other diagnosis

People are so used to me saying yes that when I say no it is a surprise to them and they don't know how to handle it.

@Shakeelah25  love the idea of a gratitude app! thanks for sharing this! 

Yes! @Kylie2  Totally 🙂 I believe we will be delving into this later. But if you have any ideas for self-care, feel free to share 😄

Sorry my background post, which explained what needed to be said - has been removed.

I cannot re-type that post.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Have an account?

For urgent assistance

Search Mental Health Carers NSW