Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Special Events

Re: Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hey @Former-Member absolutely no drama, thanks so much for stopping in & saying hi Heart

@Former-Member That looks delicious my goodness Smiley LOL Check these out 🙂

pxqrocxwsjcc_6irIc1XVluAyemmYsCyCI8_christmas-tree-chocolate-muffins_squareThumbnail_en.png

Re: Topic Tuesday // What if your loved one becomes unwell during the festive season? // Tues 18 Dec, 7pm AEDT

Hi Shaz....yep thought so...think a lot more support up your way than here in Sydney. Speaking from a perspective of a mental health worker, carer respite worker and mum carer for son with schizophrenia

@Mattmum Sydney area and yes there isn't much besides the mental health ward at our local hospital which is full of druggies most of the time which is super inappropriate for my schizo autistic son.

Okay wonderful humans, onto the next discussion point 🙂 

There are so many massive things going on throughout the season, it can be a lot to take in for the average person let alone those living with mental health challenges.

Can you think of any ways to prevent those we care for, and ourselves, becoming unwell during this time of year?

tenor (1).gif

To keep myself sane over Chrissy I have my ex taking my son for a few days over the holidays which is great. I plan to sleep in, read some good books and be online with you guys 🙂

Love this 🙂 @greenpea Books are so very therapeutic too!

Choosing to be thankful that my hips won't be the ones expanding when Mr Darcy eats the box of chocolates I have been given.

images (28).jpeg

Ways to prevent my son2 from becoming sick would be treats and sleep. His autistic routine is out of wack so he is more likely to have an episode so if I distract and keep him busy that helps not only him but the whole family.

Doing things that are meaningful for us that don't involve our loved one.

images (25).jpeg

@greenpea Thank you for sharing this.. preventative measures sound like a recurring theme Heart 

@Former-Member Love this - especially Day 12!

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us