Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Really wobbly

Hi @CheerBear Thanks for hanging around. Are you usually an early bird?

Hi @CheerBear for being around. Are you usually an early bear?

Hi there @frog 🙂 Yep I sure am a bit of an early bird or bear lol. I'm just making a cuppa and waiting for my kids to wake up. Are you an early frog (doesn't sound as good as early bear!) usually?

Oh! I got a message saying this one didn't post but there we are.

I am an early frog @CheerBear sometimes too early - waking up very anxious. The best thing for me is getting up and doing my exercise and meditation routine. Even though I know it helps I have trouble doing it. So this morning I'm here instead.

I wake up with panic and anxiety early sometimes too @frog. It can be hard to have such a 'wobbly' start. It helps me to come here in the morning too, and I often find my calm with the early morning people (and birds and frogs) here.

I'm impressed you have an exercise and meditation routine! That sounds like a great start when it works.

Have you go plans for the day? If you'd like to share 🙂

Today I have to do a heap of stuff associated with moving and that's making me stressed - like sorting out power and water and internet. Also getting the info about the new place - bins and keys and how things work - more steps in the process. How about you @CheerBear plans for today?

Hope today goes well for you @frog. Try to think of it as a new beginning - an adventure of sorts. I know it's hard to leave the familiar behind. But what's important is coming with you. 

Oh @frog - that's a big day for you. Is this part of the morning wobbles today? A big part of my morning worries are housing related too.

I'm going to spend my day doing what I can to keep myself feeling calm while I wait for news about a potential move for us. I have a psychologist appointment and a whole lot of crochet ahead 🙂

That sounds like a good plan for your day @CheerBear I have had stable housing hear for 19 years and it is hard to loosen my grip. There's no way of avoiding the move but I'm still finding it hard to accept. I am having dinner out with my kids - in between my daughter's and my birthday, so that should be a good end to the day. I really should get into my routine soon so that when I meet the agent at 9 I am feeling a bit more grounded.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us