Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Bernard1
New Contributor

No Happiness feel empty, i am an "edgelord"

Nothing makes me happy anymore. I do not go out with friends at all. I am not attractive. I do not feel needed as a young man in anything. Just play video games all day. What do i do?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: No Happiness feel empty, i am an "edgelord"

Hi @Bernard1 and Welcome to the forums. Thanks for reaching out here. It sounds like you are dealing with some big feelings. I'm hearing you feel empty and unhappy. Do you have any supports in place? I know when I have felt like this in the past it has helped me to reach out to friends rather than withdraw. 

Unfortunately, I don't have the answers but if you are looking for understanding and connection you have come to the right place. There are many people here experiencing similar things and I hope you will find some support here. 

The SANE support services are available tomorrow if you want to chat with anyone or you can reach out to some other services if you feel you need to tonight. I'll pop those here .

Please take care,

Paperdaisy 

Good terminology. Being lonely can lend it self to "edgy-ness".

You know, sometimes our game selves can provide a lot of insight into our desires.

Hi and welcome, @Bernard1 , it's good you've joined. 🙂

Do you think you might suffer from depression? 

If so, there is help available. You can go to your GP and get a referral for a Mental Health Care Plan, which entitles you to up to 20 subsidised sessions with a psychologist per year. Your GP can also prescribe medication.

@Bernard1 wrote:

What do i do?

If you don't want to go down that path, you could maybe try volunteering somewhere? Like, at a library if you are good at technology, walking shelter dogs if you like dogs, with Habitat for Humanity if you are practical with your hands, etc. I've found that volunteering gives me purpose, makes me feel competent and needed, and I've made friends that way. 

(The library idea: at my local library, there's a young man who offers technology help. There's a lot of older or middle-aged people like me who aren't good with technology. He offers free tech help with whatever you're struggling with, laptops, social media, mobile phones or whatever, and he's a lifesaver.)

Either way, I hope that you can find a way to start feeling better, and that you have some purpose and value (which you do!). 

A handy forum tip is if you type @ and click on a name in the drop-down box, that person will get a notification and won't miss your reply.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us