Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: My special place

@Snowie I don’t even know why I feel miserable, I just do. I got through today feeling okay, that extra caffeine helped me concentrate a bit better and feel better. I guess it’s just expected to experience a dip eventually.

I’m sorry to hear that your morning was rough. I’m here if you want to chat 💖🫂

@Snowie I think I’m beginning to have a body flashback, maybe that’s why I feel shit rn

Here with you through your body flashbacks @creative_writer 

Does anything help with them?

I think the less I say on here the better at the moment.

@Snowie I find distracting myself helps with taking the focus off. I’m feeling almost normal now.

I’m hope you’re doing okay 💖🫂. Are you worried of saying too much in case it’s not aligned with new community guidelines?

I'm glad that you are feeling better @creative_writer It's good that you can distract yourself.

I'm just worried all around. About the guidelines, if I say too much, the consequences, what I'm doing.

@Snowie I feel like dinner can be quite distracting in itself when you’re with others. We got middle eastern takeaway. I’m feeling rather stiff and achy right now, but I can take the physical pain.

I totally get that, I hope we are able to get clarity around the new guidelines soon, I feel like many members are worried, I hope SANE is able to come with a resolution that protects everyone on the forums but still allows it to be a safe place to talk about things

I hope it was yummy @creative_writer I'm glad you had your family around and that it helps.

I just don't want to be that person.

@Snowie it helps to have them around at times. Other times it gets exhausting pretending. Dinner was good.

Do you think reaching out to a helpline would help?

I agree @creative_writer Sometimes it helps, other times it is exhausting just pretending like everything is ok.

I've already done that. Hubby is finally home now so that will help. 

@Snowie it shows a lot of strength to reach out. I hope you did find it helpful. I hope spending some time with H helps relieves some of the tension 💖🫂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us