Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Am Not Coping

Just out of the pool now @Zoe7 .....

Goodnight Hon.  Sleep well ..... 😘💚💐💕

Hey @Zoe7 ..... 👋🤗💕

I was up early today and buzzing around here a bit before heading to class.  I am on lunch break now ..... I haven’t seen you, songuessing you have headed straight off to dbt, so thinking of you and hoping it is going well.

We have started collage in another unit today ..... I’m liking this ..... it’s like art journaling has followed me to uni .... lol ..... and I had a go at watercolour .....  enjoyed that too.

Have to head off again now. Will look for you later.

💚

Hi to anyone else around 👋

Hey Hon 😀

I was up early to feed the fur babies but then fell asleep on the couch again. I did manage to get to DBT on time but only just Smiley Surprised

DBT was okay today - we had one new person and she fits in really well. We are gettng possibly 2 more new people next week. There were enough of the past members there to make it feel ok so I got though it will little hassle today.

My pdoc appointment went well. We discussed my priorities and how I would balance those with work. She reached the conclusion that I care for the kids more than myself and we both agreed that I had to find a better balance with caring for myself too. We also talked about me seeing the psychologist again and she thinks it is the right time and is a good idea - especially to have someone else around if we have the same situation with her and my GP being away at the same time again - it would be more of a guarantee that there was someone there to support me and that that was necessary with me returning to work also.

I also rang the HR person who is dealing with my case and she has received the letter from my GP and now needs to liaise with the Principal to work out how it is going to look. She hopes to be able to call me on Friday to discuss what they have put into place. SHe is very well aware that I am super keen to get back to work and that I am willing to do whatever times and days they work out as long as it isn't a Wednesday (my GP was going to put in the letter any days/times apart from Wednesday). Then I will have DBT, pdoc and GP appointments all on the Wednesday.

Wow that is an essay lol

Hope you have had a great afternoon and I think it is wonderful that you are doing collage and that your art journalling is following you into the classroom. You will be able to teach the class soon LOL

Look forward to hearing how it all went 😀💐🌺🌸🌷🌹💕

Hi @Shaz51 How did your scan go? ...and did they get blood out of you today?

Hey @Zoe7 @Shaz51 .....

Just finished for the day here and thinking about heading home.  Might take a break in the library first and get some paperwork done.

How did you go @Shaz51 ? Was today a successful blood test ?

@Zoe7 - so glad you got some interaction and feedback regarding the HR person.  I wouldn’t want to be the one taking to the Principal ...... so glad you have a representative to nut everything out with her.

I don't care what days and/or hours they give me initially @Faith-and-Hope - just being back at work will be a huge achievement. That is the HR person's job to deal with all that on my behalf and with the Principal and to be honest I am glad it is out of my hands and I just have to turn up when I am required to. I am hoping it will begin next week - but I still have no idea what class etc. - just in a waiting pattern still but at least I know the process is happening.

How are you going getting your notes done each day after classes Hon?

I am really glad you are not having to deal directly with the Principal at this stage @Zoe7.  You did that initially, so you have ticked that box, but now it is great that you have a rep so you can stand clear and wait for the appropriate processes to carry it through.  You certainly don't need that extra stress.  I am excited for you to hear how it is going to turn out.

I am not getting to the visual diary work every day in the diary itself, for a variety of reasons, one of them being that it is a single diary for the whole course, so things can end up a bit piecemeal ..... so I will often document on my notebook, and continue with the pages I am working on in the diary, and add in from my notebook notes later.  That is what I am doing this afternoon, because there is a work already underway in the diary itself at the moment.

That seems like a sensible way to approach it @Faith-and-Hope That way you can keep everything together that needs to be kept together and add to it as you go. Smiley Very Happy

Added stress is definitely not something I need. I am trying not to think about it too much until I hear something - just knowing the process is underway eased my mind today somewhat. It is however really important that I get back to work in the next week or two as it is already the second week of term and we will run out of time with the plan we worked out - hopefully this first step goes ok and quickly.

We have a public holiday tomorrow so any further arrangements will need to wait until Friday now.

Any plans for tomorrow @Zoe7 ?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us