Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: I Want friends

Awwww thank you @Lisbeth

I think you are awesome realizing you needed help and support., that is a great step forward my friend

one day at a time @Lisbeth, and remember you are not alone

We are here for you

my husband has had major self harm episode years ago  and has taken himself to hospital

have you got hobbys that you enjoy

@Shaz51 i especially enjoy working with timber. I love recreating something that was going to be thrown out in the rubbish.

I found some timber at a job site covered in concrete i sanded it up and turned it into a bookshelf.

Recently i found some pieces of steel which i want to use with timber to make more bookshelves. I like to think im clever ... haha i want to learn how to do welding. My Dad can teach me he actually has more patience then i do.

He lives several hours away but i do try to make sure i spend lots of time with him. He is very good at building and making things. I have the ideas i just don't know how to make it.

When i was at school girls weren't allowed to do woodwork or metal class. It was all i ever wanted. I love the smell of freshly sanded timber.

Nothing can compete with it!! lol it can be very relaxing but it is noisy ...

I also do a bit of sewing for wildlife carers. I make pouches and bags. I like to crochet in the winter months i make blankets for others. I still haven't made any for myself. One day ..

I need to get back to my wood and play. I've been having a 'pity party' lately the docs have been changing my meds which has been messing with my head.

However im coming out of it now so i feel i can get back into life again. I can appreciate what your husband has been through. The feelings of not wanting to be a burden to others is normal however the side effects are far worse.

I'm sure you are a blessing to your hubby and the children even if they are grown up they still need guidance and support ♡

Hello @Lisbeth

It really good doing something we love to do  xx

you  want to learn how to do welding, I say go ahead

I was a family day care provider for 25 years and I totally loved it

You said also do a bit of sewing for wildlife carers. I make pouches and bags. I like to crochet in the winter months i make blankets for others. I still haven't made any for myself. One day ..how lovely , do you take photos of your finished works

you are clever my friend

hope you are having an ok day

Hello @Mr_stress, @Lisbeth, @Former-Member, @Lunar

I have being thinking of you today , hope everthing is ok HeartHeart

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Shaz51 @Mr_stress @Lisbeth

hello how are you?

coffee anyone?

I will have mine black thanks, no sugars.

Hello @Mr_stress, @Lisbeth Smiley Happy how are you today my friends

Hello @Lunar, @Former-Member xx, are you home @Former-Member??

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hello @Shaz51 @Mr_stress

I am still overseas for another 9 days.

how are you and Mr Shaz?

How are you @Mr_stress?

Ney
Senior Contributor

I'd love a friend too! Can I join ? I'll go hot chocie not really a coffee drinker hehe

Hello and welcome @Ney, HOW ARE YOU TODAY  Smiley Very Happy

Former-Member
Not applicable

I will be your friend @Mr_stress
Love & hugs
Bella 🙂
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us