Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: I Want friends

good morning @Mr_stress @Shaz51 @Lunar

just thought i would drop by and say hello.

it has been a few days since we last posted on here.

I like to check up on my friends and see how they are.

I am just having my morning black coffee. what are you up to?

Great idea @Former-Member xx

I will have a white coffee with 2 sugars please

How about you @Mr_stress, @NotSoCrayCray, @denial, @LustStarrr today

Hi lovelies

I like a latte with an extra shot twice a day then water for the rest of it. I do enjoy strong tea also but i am trying to cut back on my caffeine just a smidgen ...

Hello @Lisbeth 

I will have one with you xx

how are you today ??

hope you are having an ok day today

It is raining where i am

Hi Shaz51

Today is a better day for me ♡
I would love some rain its been really hot. Except it gets quite humid after the rain. I love the sound of it on the roof and the smell of it on the dusty ground.

I live about 45 minutes from Toowoomba. It's a great spot in winter not so much in the summer heat.

So how do you have your cuppa ?
Are you a coffee or tea person ?

I did cut out sugar for a while ... however i wasn't strong enough to keep going. I tell myself i need the energy ...

P.S. im lying on the couch with the neighbors dog. She is a little on the larger side so there's never alot of room for me ... not that she cares !! Her owners are out so she brings herself over and keeps me company 🙂

I can send you down some rain @Lisbeth

I live 40 minutes away from cairns

I Love Tea , but I like coffee sometimes too

Yes sugar , I have kidney disease stage 4 and borderline diabetes , finding it hard to cut out sugar

we have some great friends around like @Former-Member, @Appleblossom, @PeppiPatty, @Faith-and-Hope, @Decadian, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member, @Former-Member,

if you put a @   before someone`s name they will receive an email from you , a little hint xx

Ahhhh ... thankyou @Shaz51 xxx i really appreciate the little hints !! I'm very new at this so i definitely need some assistance !! lol

There's lots of fabulous people on here im still getting used to traveling around these forums.

I like to think im a quick learner but technology does overwhelm me sometimes.

I wasn't sure what the '@' was used for. I thought perhaps it was Twitter ...

I will catch on 😮

I do love Cairns area. I will stop whinging about the humidity .... its far worse up there.

We would travel there for holidays as kids. Back then there was lots of dirt roads. I visited again many years later and there was bitumen everywhere.

It rains so much more up there with the rainforests. I love the wildlife there also. I have possums here where i live.

I just discovered two new boys. Both juveniles so i hope they will stay and not be chased away.

My dad is helping me build boxes for them all. We will need to make lots more now

anytime @Lisbeth xx

it took me some time to get myself around the forum as well

as a wife who my husband has MI all his life , I have found the forum very helpful for me

I have 4  step children who are adults now

yes I love the wildlife , the nice big green frogs

WOW @Shaz51 your amazing !! I have enough trouble dealing with myself and i live alone.

I realized something was wrong with me in my mid twenties. I had no idea what was happening to me. I thought i was the only person in the world with something wrong with them.

I was too embarrassed to tell anyone about my thoughts. It wasn't until i had a major self harm episode i realized i needed help and support.

It's very hard to confront ourselves and admit we have an illness. I really admire you for your staying power with your family.

You would be a great support person on here and to the community in general. I know it helps me to have others around who don't have MI but will try to understand and treat me like everyone else.

Sometimes i can't deal with people in person due to my anxiety so it's great to be able to chat with someone like yourself ♡
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us