Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Hot Chocolate Anyone ?

Hi @faith1

The hot choc cafe has been a bit quiet over the last few days - few things happening for the regulars.

Hi @Determined @Anna88 @Faith-and-Hope @Smc @Shaz51 @Adge

images (19).jpeg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Good morning @Former-Member

Love the cartoon @Former-Member 😄

Morning everyone.

images.jpg

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @Smc

Hope today going ok for you. Our lunch date just cancelled 😬 but we will find something else to do 😀.

@Former-Member, it's my sister's birthday today, so we'll be going out for an afternoon cuppa together. Often I cook a birthday cake for her, but I'm still a bit brain-fried after our trip away last week, so that hasn't happened this time. She's dairy intolerant and slightly gluten intolerant, so most of the sweet treats available in cafes are "no-go" for her, but I've worked out a few good recipes that get around those limitations. I can make a rich fruit cake that has macadamia oil instead of butter and hazelnut or almond meal instead of plain flour, so that cuts the allergen content down to just the self raising flour- within her tolerances. Brownies are also an easy one. Nuttelex instead of butter, and buckwheat flour and cornflour instead of regular flour.

Hubby, however, is having a bad day. It seems he strained his back moving Dad's scrap metal stash, and possibly it was made worse by the long drive home. 😞 Doctor's appointment later today.

Former-Member
Not applicable

One can only do what one can do @Smc, trust timd together enjoyable. Hope hubby's back is a minor strain only.

Good morning everyone.

Still morning here...

Yes it's been a quiet cafe here these past few days @Former-Member

Some fun & frivolity?

Adge

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Adge  (aka Mr A Finch) just finished shopping for tea - cooking for BIL & his wife (Calamari with Greek salad and garlic bread). 

You name the subject and I will come up with frivolity.

Greek salad & Calamari sounds really nice @Former-Member

I'm off to see Tax Agent now, that's no fun & frivolity....

I shall try to think of (make up) some fun.

Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us