Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Social Spaces

Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Dogs Rock πŸ˜†

@Determined @soul @Former-Member @Spudly @Maggie @Shaz51 @JoJo99
Picked up our hounds from the boarding kennels this morning after time away. Girl dog had been in a scrap with another dog and has a large superficial injury to her neck. Kennel owner says boy dog has a psychological obsession with food.

Awwww - I bet the dogs were happy to see you. When I was a kid, we only ever went away for two family holidays (and that was with some friends); one of which my father came too. We put our cattle dog in a boarding kennel and when we returned after a week he had lost his bark 😞

Have never boarded my current pooch. I think she wouldn't be impressed at all @Former-Member.

@Former-Member Good to hear you are back with the pack, sorry about the injury. My pooch wouldn't cope in kennels, she's a rescue and very fragile. I don't think I could go a day without her. Hi @soul@Determined@Shaz51@Former-Member. Everyone enjoy your day.

sorry about the injury. @Former-Member

Hello @Maggie, @Determined, @soul, @Former-Member

we pu our cats in once -- never again , it took them sooo long to get over it

and i could never put my foxy in who was 19

I have booked a grooming session for my dog this Saturday. She's not going to like it but she does need a trim. Her very furry paws carry dirt and leaves etc. all through the house. She does have some jackets so they will be getting a lot of wear as we have regular single digit degree minimums coming up. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@soul
Girl dog has a couple of coats, boy dog is too fat for his.

Many years ago a neighbour would have the mobile K9 bathing service come in, their DPG would be making all sorts of noises, he had a special sort of shampoo and his skin was heaps better because of it, but even now when I think of it his protest howls did make me smile.

One of my besties has not long got a labradoodle pup, reckons they might have to pluck his ear hairs when he gets groomed. Neighbours dog was short haired, so did not have that indignity, do they do that to your little one?

One groomer used to do that - the ear hair plucking thing - and I recall my mother doing it when we had a poodle once (who was a lot more compliant to our dog) but my pooch doesn't have to endure that. Her ears seem fine to me.

She's been hanging around me for a treat all morning but seems to have forgotten that I already gave her one ( or maybe wants me to forget that) She's taken herself outside now to lay in the sun. Must have given up.

Former-Member
Not applicable

Ear plucking might be more of a poodle thing @soul
Dare I say that it does happen in our household if Mr Darcy has a particularly long hair growing out of his ear. Not sure if @Determined suffers the same fate ....

My dog is a poodle cross. As for humans - yikes!!

Former-Member
Not applicable

f69037b128ee1b7b1d5d71e6a5541fcd.jpg

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us