Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

thanks @Zoe7 i hope your day is going ok too xo
ive done the horses and paddock cleaning along with finishing off the washing. i think thats me done physically today though, think ive made my hip go out of alignment again as ive got that sciatica happening and making it difficult to walk or move much. itll be right again in a day or 2 just have to take it easy, if its not getting better over the weekend ill go back to my chiro/physio and get them to fix it up properly.

what are you up to today since its wet and windy?

Sounds like a good move @outlander I am having a footy and cleaning afternoon. There are a few games on today that I have been or will be watching ...and doing little bits of cleaning in between.

Sounds like a good plan @Zoe7  

Oh while im thinking of it do you or @Faith-and-Hope  (and anyone who paints) varnish your work once its finished?

Sometimes when I use acrylics I will spray varnish it @outlander 

do you find it gets sticky? @Zoe7
After ive done the pour painting it sits for minimum a week before i varnish it but it doesnt seem to dry properly or something. its been ages since i varnished this piece and its like dry to the touch but if i keep ahold it of it feels like sticky or not dry properly, mums one she has hanging up was abit stuck to her wall as well.
any suggestions? i didnt use the spray varnish though so maybe it would be better to use spray instead

Spray varnish gives a much even finish if you use it properly @outlander and it doesn't take asa long to dry.

thanks @Zoe7
do you reccomend a brand?
ive been using the liquitex one from officeworks atm

I just get the cheapest one from Bunnings @outlander they all do the same.

thank you @Zoe7 ill have a look

I haven’t varnished paintjngs @outlander 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us