Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: rough time

ill give it ago @Zoe7 but maybe not tonight...
ok im glad your ok, im grateful for you and everyone being here

I think your suggestion was a fabulous one @Sans911 and your presence is enough here to help both of us Hon. Poor little Jasper - hope he is okay.

If you are reluctant to give tai chi a go tonight then what else can you do to help @outlander ?

i agree @Sans911 you being here (even your checkin!) was more than enough. knowing your around helps and i like your suggestion too.

aww poor Jasper, thankfully next week isnt to far away even though im sure it feel like forever.

ive got some games on my phone like solitaire and word search that i could do for a little bit when im in bed @Zoe7

im just downloading a meditation app called 1giantmind as well that i could try out

All good options @outlander but it is best you don't use your phone in bed - play those games out of bed and then try the meditation when you get into bed. Having all screens off whilst in bed is better for you than having any on. 

that is true @Zoe7
ill try to do those

That's good @outlander Something to try to help you out tonight and then try the tai chi app tomorrow - it really is a great way to calm both body and mind.

ive got abit of time to myself tomorrow (so far) so ill try to do it then so i wont be interuppted constantly. @Zoe7
maybe if it is something for me i could try to do it everyday or at least more than once a week

Tai chi is great for calming your thoughts and feelings when you can follow it @outlander It does take a little time to get used to it. I have a dvd that I follow when I need a refresher.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us