Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Ups and Downs of Husband`s Mental Illness

Gotchya hands full there. Some believe diabetes is reversable. My dad was on insulin for 40yrs and they stopped it 2yrs ago after hospitalised with cholecystitis (gall bladder) - just on tablets now. Seems they have more luck keeping sugar down than my blood pressure lol. Do you walk? I'm pre-diabetic with high BP and need to walk to save my life but still can't. How do ppl do it?
Sorry hubby struggles so much. I heard revently a link with gut bacteria & the mind, and untreated worm infestation. With myself, boosting vegie intake seems to make a difference. Does he take Vit-D? Natural methods make subtle but lasting difference.
Sorry, rambling again.
One day @ a time Shaz ❤

with my high BP @Former-Member, it was because of my CKD so I am on blood pressure medication to take the stress off the kidney xxxxxx

Thinking of you @Shaz51 ❤❤❤

@Shaz51 trust all is going as well as it can for you with all you have going on.

How did morning tea for Mum go @Shaz51?

@Former-Member, it was a lovely surprise for mum , I did not tell her until this morning that I had invited 3 of her siblings and their partners -- ( there is only 4 now out of the  8 children  ) including us and a niece and her partner which comes to 11

wonderful morning catching up but very tiring for mum

this afternoon we went food shopping for mum and us , put all mum`s ahopping away and then put our shopping away

tired now , on the computer now

Hello @Determined, @Former-Member, @Smc, @outlander, @Adge, @Former-Member, @PeppiPatty, @Appleblossom, @Faith-and-Hope

That does sound like a lot of effort for you @Shaz51

Surprises are great, I'm glad your Mum like it.

Adge

when everyone left @Adge mum slept all afternoon and now she is hungry which is goodSmiley Very Happy

how is your saturday going

I have no energy for anything @Shaz51 Still recovering from sinus infection & virus.

Drove into city to see psychologist this morning (40 Km round trip), that takes a lot out of me.

Trying to defrost my toes (feet), which are a bit numb (cold).

Listening to the Rolling Stones, which is picking me up a bit...

Adge

yes sounds like a big day @Adge, a bit of you time is needed

I think I need to too @Adge

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us