Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: Taking the plunge

Support button not working @Zoe7 👍👍👍👍💛💛💛💗💗💗

Gotcha Hon - lean on us if you need - you know we are here for you and care about you very much @Maggie Heart 

@Zoe7 It's just one thing after another. Looks like another move!!!!! That makes 4 in just over 2 years. I just have no strength left, physical or emotional. Too expensive here long term, and if I don't move soon I'm stuck just paying rent, nothing left after that.

Ive put my name down for housing, so 4-12 mths wait.

I feel like I'm running on empty or below. I really don't want to end up back in hospital. I hate hate hate it there, and all it actually achieves is keeping us going to get back to here. Black hole eh.....sorry for unloading.....I know everyone has more than enough of their own struggles to cope with.

Anyway on a lighter note. I'm reading a book suggested by @Corny The inflamed mind. I'm get some info on the info thread when I can concentrate better. Positive for the future, but still being researched.

Im also out of data, so in the community room atm. So will respond tomorrow, too noisy here. Thanks for listening/caring. 💜💜💕💕🐾🐾🐾🐾🐾🌷🌷🌷🌷

Unload away any time my sweet @Maggie The offer is there to listen because I want to so more than happy to read and respond to you posts Hon.

It sucks about the high rent and that you may have to move again - having that security and peace of mind of having a little extra money is essential though so I can see why you needed to put your name down for public housing. It seems that you like living there which is also sad that you may have to leave but I do get the issue with finances. I am lucky that for now I can pay my mortgage and have a little extra left over but if I hadn't gone back to work then that would have been a different story.

I hope you find a little peace tonight and that things can get better for you @Maggie - I hate seeing you struggle but am definitely here for you. I care a lot for my forum friends and you are one of those sweet Maggie Heart

thinking of you lots @Maggie  HeartHeart

Thanks @Zoe7 @Shaz51 I need to hide today. Warm thoughts to you both. Thankyou for responding, means more than you will ever know. 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

All my love and huge hugs coming your way sweet @Maggie and give little Mags a hug also. Will be thinking of you Hon and hoping this feeling eases for you also Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Dearest @Maggie

I am so sorry you may need to move again.  4 times in 2 years is a lot.  And everyone knows moving house can be one of the most stressful and unsettling things we can do.  Little wonder you feel you have no physical or emotional strength left.  Those constant emotional hits really do take a toll.  Financial hardship only adds to the distress.

Nobody wants to see you back in hospital Maggie, so I hope that can be avoided. Please unload here as much as you need to Maggie, I find it helps me, so hopefully it will be of some benefit to you also.  At least I know people here listen, they hear and they care.  Unfortunately none of us here are able to physically assist you, though we sure as heck would like to. But by lending a sympathetic and understanding ear, I hope that can be of some comfort to you as you seek help from your off line resources.  Is your lovely counsellor working through this busy holiday period?  I hope she is able to be there for you, and perhaps she is able to assist in some way.

Ah yes, the delightful @Corny.  I have not seen or heard from Corny in a while.  If you're reading my friend, I do hope you are doing okay.  Maggie, the book Corny suggested sounds like a good and informative read. Corny is always researching, always looking for improvement, she is quite the inspiration.  I hope you gain something from the book.  When you get around to posting info on the other thread about it, can you please tag me?  I would be interested in reading it too.

I hope your new years eve today is a quiet and gentle time for you.  Hoping you can spend some down time somewhere.  I read somewhere that you had been taking little Maggie for regular walks.  Is that still the case?  Whats the weather been like down in beautiful Tassie?  Its been very hot here so its very much 'indoors with air conditioner on', weather.

Hi also to @Zoe7 @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @outlander

Sherry Heart

Image result for thinking of you

@Maggie 

Glad you are here.

Heart

I had to take a step back from the forum.  Was triggered reading some guidelines.

Sorry you need to move again.  It does get more difficult as we get older, but maybe you can slowly prepare for when the time comes.  Long term viability is important re housing costs.  Hope you dont have to wait too long. 

I like the idea of @Corny book.

My brain certainly feel inflamed, and my mind along with it.

Woman Frustrated

Smiley Happy

Hi @Former-Member Happy new year.

Yes, this is going to be tough, but on the better side, all those moves have also lightened up my belongings. That means packing isn't going to be over the top as there's just not that much left.

A bed, two armchairs chest of draws, music thingies and bits and pieces. So, just a long term simple abode that's affordable. Just a whisper, I won't miss the close community. To many eyes and ears, not to mention the mouths. And the dining room chatter, all I hear is a hum with any moving mouths.

Walks with Mags are on again off again, but I'm really trying. At least at the end of the day I can say I've achieved that.

My counsellor has two weeks off over Christmas/new year, she still gives me a phone call once a week, so yes, always supportive whenever she can be.

I understand what you mean by understand caring people here, you being one of them, even though your life is full to the max.

The book is excellent. Talks of our inflamed bodies, inflaming our minds causing depression. He does seperate mind and body, all in one, how sensible is that.!!!!!!

Very very hot down this way @Former-Member 28 today. It's been that way for over a week and everyone is complaining. We just can't hack it down this way, bring on the winter.

I hope your day is okishhhh. Sending warm ( Humm) warm in more ways than one, thoughts.💕💜💕💜

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us