Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

Just really concerned and worried

I think thats normal under theae circumstances @MDT the journey your about to embark on is a huge one.
Did thing things your psych suggested to you about your concerns any help at all? Are you able to have a think about what theyve said and what your friends have said here that could ease abit of those concerns and worries? Or would you prefer to talk it out?
What evers best for you....

There are many thing I am worried about @outlander

First concern is that when I am staying at my friend's place I'll be pressured into doing stuff I don't wanna do. He is a bit of a loose one, but not too much. My concern is that he will pressure me to go out all the time and party. I know he works so that's not a really big issue. We are staying at his parents house which means being extra social too. Not that I am against it. But just that it is a bit intimidating to be put on show like that.
Thats my only concern to be honest. For the travel part. When I go to NYC on my own I feel like it might be a bit better. Can do my own thing. DC I am staying in a small hostel. That way I don't get lonely. That was a fear I had. But I have balanced that all out with single accommodation. So it's balanced which is good.
Warsaw might be a bit intimidating at first but I'll have to make do. I have a nice place booked but that's that.
Then home for Christmas and then back over there for work/workshop.

My concerns about that are related to adapting. The change will be intimidating and then I might struggle to fit in or I might fail atthe first hurdle. I might make mistakes that piss people off..... So pretty much all the things that can set my anxiety/depression off. Or trigger it really.

Itll take time to adjust when your at your friends house. Try not to expect yourself to just be ok. You may find that after a day or so you feel comfortable being there and around the extra people. As for going out, a night out here and there would probably be good but if on a night your not feeling up for it then its ok to day your not up for it but maybe another night.

Making mistakes is normal, that is also how you learn. No one is perfect. If your unsure of something to do with work etc then dont be afraid to ask.

Yeh @outlander
I agree with you.
I feel really bad atm right now. Trying to distract myself

I am feeling really upset atm 😞 it is just a raw feeling of fear. The most scared I have felt for a long time.

@Shaz51 @Zoe7 @Appleblossom @outlander @TAB

I think the closer it gets tom you going away the higher your fear responses would be @MDT - nothing unusual about that buddy - it is to be expected as there is so much still up in the air for you - especially around your Poland trip.

What if it all just is a waste...
Why can't I just be normal and fit in and just find something to do for myself... Why do I have to go overseas...

Next week I'm just panicked about all of this... I'm worried I've gotten too comfortable here now in Sydney and I won't survive

Just feel like a sissy

Not a sissy @MDT - nervous and a little scared but that is all natural. As we have discussed before - this is an amazing opportunity but self- doubts can get in the way and you don't think you can do it - but those that have chosen you to be part of this program believe you can so now the trick is to believe in yourself ...we believe in you here and although that doesn't always help it should give you some encouragement.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us