Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

Well said @Zoe7

Could it just be exhaustion @Zoe7

I feel like most on here are sick of me anyway

I appreciate your help @Zoe7
Never forget that 🙂

And you @outlander

Well everyone really.. I'm in a bad state

It could definitely be exhaustion @MDT It is also likely to be an accumulation of all the things you have been doing that are finally coming together and with that sense of relief is also a release of some of the pressure. It is a bit like what teachers experience at holiday time - often they continue to push until the holidays come around and then get sick in the first week - it is our body's way of telling us that it is ok to feel some relief.

I think you have reached that point where everything seems to be coming together for you and it is a new concept so you are unsure how to react ...but that fear and anxiety your are feeling is just a culmination of a lot of work and a lot of pressure - you got this buddy... take it easy on yourself ...we all believe in you here.

I think i might leave forums for tonight @Zoe7

Gonna finish hp2 and then go to bed. Not gonna have dessert because I don't want extra sugar. Will just make a cup of tea.

I'll take my meds then go to bed. Tomorrow I can tackle the final hurdle of the accommodation and then also other stuff to do with it. Got my insurance today too. Purposely didn't say anything about mental health though. I don't expect it will be too much of a problem for travelling.

I'm buggered.

Good night all and thanks for your help 🙂

Goodnight @MDT I hope you sleep well buddy. ...and always happy to lend an ear (eyes) for you when I can - catch you tomorrow Smiley Happy

Good night @MDT

Hi @Zoe7@MDT, I can understand how it feels unfair and a shame, but hopefully I can explain a bit from the organisations perspective.

We rely on the systems in place here in Australia - emergency services, mental health teams, crisis services etc - to be able to provide a safe service. We can't operate on our own - we rely on these systems and services. And even more than that, when someone is at risk of immiment significant harm we have an obligation under the law to intervene and escalate to emergency services. When people are overseas we can't do that.

It's tricky to navigate as staff, when someone posts at risk from overseas we feel helpless and that we got in the way of them getting to a service that could have helped them better than we could.

Unfortunately, we need to roll out this guideline uniformly - from both a technical perspective but also from a community managemet perspective. We can't make exceptions, it wouldbe difficult to manage from a technical perspective and impossible to manage socially and logistically.

So when it comes to holidays, we'd love to see your photos afterwards. And if you are moving overseas, I'd really encourage you to take up @Acacia's suggestion of calling/webchatting our Help Centre to work on a support plan to ensure you have supports in place that you need.

Happy to answer any other Qs you have - we are working on the guidelines update to reflect this.

🌼

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us