Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

@MDT  Fear of the unknown is huge, but in a way fear has a healthy side like anger has a healthy side.  Fear keeps you searching for threats and looking for solutions to possible problems.  

@eudemonism posted an interesting link on his usual thread about the main fears people have.

Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Good day forumites @Shaz51 @Appleblossom @Ant7 @Adge @TAB @Zoe7 @outlander

Tutoring was painful. But got it done.
The interview was good. The only challenge now is to try and get the certificate that says I have completed the basics. The fact I have not completed the advanced diploma is a bit of a nuisance and it's my own dumb fault. But I can't be bothered getting annoyed at myself. That doesn't achieve anything.
I have to leave my passport at the consulate so I'll do that when I get back. It's adding a new level of stress to all of it but I guess it will pay off (here's hoping). The interviewer was really nice. Quite a good offer and system they have.

Off to psych today. Got a list of things oi speak about.

I'm still anxious about next week and also next year. But I hope my efforts so far are paying off

Ixnae w the self doubt @MDT the facts are in. You’re kicking goals ..

Good morning @MDT

im glad the interview went well @MDT
im sure youll get the tasks you need to do, it cant all be done at once though so perhaps a list would be handy for you.

good luck at the psych, i hope you can get through some of your list

It sounds like you did really well at the interview @MDT - another thing ticked off your list and even if you don't get the position right now at least you are on their radar when you get to Poland.

I hope your psych appoinment goes well - it is always a great idea to take a list with you so you cover everything that has been on your mind.

It is likely that the closer you get to your leave day the more anxious you will feel - but that is natural buddy - it is a big thing you are doing. Just enjoy it as much as you can Smiley Very Happy

Indeed @TAB kicking goals. At this point I am 4-0 up but still have to win lol.

@outlander @Zoe7 @eudemonism psych was good. Was able to talk about the stuff on my mind about next week and next year. Most it can be put down to the general stress and worry about next year. More to come. But just at shop

So we spoke about all the concerns I have. I can't think of many problems associated with it. Perhaps that means it is okay?

Again, the biggest concerns are about how I transition between where I am at now and where I will be. It isn't impossible to do. That's the most important thing to always remember. So long as my heart, mind and soul are still intact and stable that's all that matters.

@MDT -being 4-0 allows you to slip up at times. You don't have to do everything right. That's impossibe and puts a tremendous strain on yourself. Just do the best you can.

Well done on the interview. You are indeed moving in the right direction. I'm pretty sure that you can access the Forums from overseas.

I recall I did manage to do that last year when I was in NZ @soul so I think it might be okay. But then again that was NZ not Poland lol.

Spoke today with the psych about how if it all goes wrong.. well I'll still live

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us