Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our stories

Re: My Story and where to from here.. (very personal)

https://youtu.be/dLid4NniYi0 @MDT listen to the lyrics

Will check out the song @TAB

Also thread it turns out I will be going back into tutoring. I don't know if this is a step backwards or forwards

@outlander @Shaz51 @soul @utopia @Zoe7 @Former-Member @Appleblossom

It’s a step @MDT 😀

https://youtu.be/1vOL8e8oeTQ

One foot out the Door re song title @MDT 😸😎😬🎩

Don't look at it as a step backwards or forwards @MDT but a step in a long journey that will give you some money until you find what you are after. Sometimes we need to do these things to get through and that is ok - at least it will keep you busy until you get the job you really want!

A job is a job is a job @MDT seems to be a self worth connection there even tho no full time employment? Dont sweat it. Guilty of same re following perceived expectations re military than rough labour then trade jobs ok following father subconsciously ok except I went to uni and he didn’t have a trade he was the opposite of ambitious but scrimped and saved on meagre income and invested to great reward on share market ok not my thing I earn I spend well mostly yeah prodigal x10 still miss my mum re non sequiter bla doing it hard lately I usually am looser and more self protective or so I saw re work re hm nah taking time out going somewhere else pays more etc. trying to knuckle down. Not me at all.

indeed @TAB i think that's pretty much every person's tale to some extent - balancing out what they want to do vs what they ought to do. Want and need. Fun trade off.
@Zoe7 yeah i know.
I am thinking of maybe taking it a step further and doing my own writing school/tutor business. That way it's not just for high school students, but also for uni students and potentially english as a second language students. I forgot to mention that i got accepted into the teach english as a second language in china option - totally skipped my mind. I will need a TEFL certificate for that too. So might as well 3 or 4 birds with one stone. Had a new student today talk over the phone, going to do online lesons.
I think I'd actually prefer to run things myself, more responsibility that way. More interesting to me. A friend's younger brother is a physics tutor and he sometimes has students who need help with english....

I smell a business opportunity here at least Might be worth a look into.

Definitely worth a look to see if there is a market for it @MDT - I'm sure there is and you could make a nice little business out of it too. That would also give you the opportunity to do other things part-time and build up future job prospects also - great thinking @MDT Smiley Very Happy ...and congratulations with the english as a second language option in China - keeping your options open Smiley Tongue

final module tonight @Zoe7 hopefully i get it done so i don't have to rush tomorrow arvo

have a meeting in the morning with some disability services people at a uni as part of that network.. will be interesting to see how it goes

how are you this evening?

I am doing okay tonight but have had to have pain meds all afternoon so they help with the pain @MDT ...last module - wtg you Smiley Very Happy

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us