Forums Home

Lived Experience Forum

Acceptance, connection, support. Share the journey.

Safe, anonymous discussion for people living with mental illness, moderated 24/7 by mental health professionals.

Read the community guidelines
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Contributor

The Book Club

*Apologies firstly if there is already a discussion for this. I haven’t come across one so I thought it might be something helpful for looking after & empowering ourselves.*

As I move through different stages in my life I have found books to be very helpful with coping with different situations.

I suffered a chronic episode of phycosis about 18 months ago which saw me hospitalised for 2 weeks, it has been baby steps ever since.

My current book was recently recommended by the pastor at my local church “ Rising Strong “

by Brene Brown.

I have found it to be quite insightful & inspiring & wanted to pass on this recommendation to anyone wanting to get back up 

as the cover states “If we are brave enough often enough, we will fall”

I also would like to hear your recommendations of good books that are helping you with your mental illness or just in life in general.

3 REPLIES

Re: The Book Club

@lmn83 Hi lmn83 I think this is a great idea for a thread Smiley Happy I finished two books. 'The Dry' and 'Force of Nature' both by Jane Harper. I couldn't put them down particularly 'The Dry'. I loved them so much I am going to read them again and that says something Smiley Happy

Thanks @greenpea,

I look forward to reading the dry when I finished my current book.

I have had a look & the library has both books which is a bonus.

I’ll let you know what I think when I start reading 👍

Highlighted

@lmn83 that would be great Smiley Happy. I have 'just' started reading "The woman in the window" by AJ Finn. It sounds good and my mum liked it so will let your know what I think.

For urgent assistance, call:

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us