Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Self care by growing a garden

@Former-Member Beautiful painting 🙂 I love sheep particularly black face sheep 

@Shaz51 perhaps we could share some sheep, specifically for when the mowers break down (ours conked out on Mr D today).  The bonus with the sheep is that they don't require petrol, will fertilise as well as mow and once we have fattened them up on other peoples lawns we can look forward to having a bbq or two. 

ha ha sooo true my @Former-Member Smiley Very Happy

@greenpea you are right - the bones of the garden are there.  I started with the trees,  moved onto the shrubs and hedges (stalled there) and last step is filling in underneath the trees. 

PS @Shaz51 & I are planning a BBQ - do you eat lamb chops?

@Former-Member I am a vegan/vegetarian :o! Btw I took a good look at that spikey tree in my front courtyard and it is the one that you mentioned so well done 🙂

images (6).jpeg

We got a truckload of gravel delivered yesterday afternoon. Despite having the snuffles and feeling crook Mr Darcy was keen to get stuck in to getting it spread.  He would not stop until he finished a pathway in our chook run from entry gate to enclosed yard. 🐓

I keep wondering if it would be a good idea to go Beth Chatto style, and turn part of ours into a gravel garden. Not the veggie beds of course, but maybe around the fruit trees and "pretties".
That would take a lot of gravel, so if I do, I'll probably do it a bit at a time.

http://www.bethchatto.co.uk/gardens/gallery/gravel-garden.htmbeth chatto.jpg

I have mixed feelings about gravel gardens @Smc, the ones that are done well are lovely, but the ones that aren't ... yikes. A bit like shabby chic vs plain shabby. I think they are a type of garden that really suit drier climates.

@Smc

Does 20 weeds out = new plant in?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us