Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Sharing the wisdom within

Nah no wind @Zoe7 just a little rain

They are the kind of thunder storms I like @eudemonism There is something peaceful about them - a bit like the universe is fighting back!

@Zoe7 the storm has passed now

All storms eventually pass @eudemonism both literally and figuratively - the fear is often not knowing how to deal with them when they cross our path. That is my experience anyway.

Yea @Zoe7 especially when they feel like they'll never end... what weapons does one use against such situations???

That is the million dollar question @eudemonism - some storms feel like they will never stop and others leave a lot of debris behind. In both situations we need to stay focussed on what we need to get through the storm - sometimes it is others helping us out and sometimes it is trying to sleep through it. We all have different coping strategies - it is a matter of finding what works best for us in different situations.

Yea I'm hearing you @Zoe7 all is good today; but, tomorrow could be a storm...
What have you achieved today?
I've planted four sections of clumping grass out back, I'm hoping one or two take...

Great job @eudemonism Smiley Happy I hope they all take for you.

I have been super busy - spread all the potting mix throughout the garden, planted most of the plants and seedlings I had to plant, weeded the last small section of the main garden, watered all the garden and did some washing. Tomorrow I want to weed down the side of the house and do a small rock retaining wall on the back fence. Then I can plant the rest of the plants and seedlings I have left. Hopefully tomorrow I will have as much energy as today but asa we both know - tomorrow anything could happen - just going with this good feeling whilst I have it Smiley Surprised

Yea @Zoe7 sometimes the moment is all we really have... no one knows when their time will be up...
I'm going to be putting some thought and conscious decisions into minimising, simplifying and conserving... i know life in general takes it's toll, no matter Who you are, but I'm gonna try and run a tight ship from now on...

going through some storms over here too @eudemonism
just trying to weather them at the moment
i know how you feel though
Lately I feel like I am running on empty
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us