Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

Re: Carers under 30...

thank you @Former-Member will take a look Heart

Former-Member
Not applicable

Hi @outlander
Quick wave and check in Petal. I have been trying to have forum free days as I need to get domestic things done during the week as we have been going out a bit at the weekends.

Hey @Former-Member
Feel like i havebnt spoken to you in ages ❤ glad your taking time away too to take care of yourself more too 💕
Former-Member
Not applicable

You are often in my thoughts @outlander

Your often in mine too @Former-Member

Hows things going at home? And yourself?
Former-Member
Not applicable

@outlander my chickadee, Mr D has not quite got his equilibrium back after surgery but there are things to be grateful for. I got a new stick vacuum that works a treat and the benefits of our slow but steady tidy up are starting to become apparent. I also tried a new recipe at the weekend which I took to a shared meal and going by the positive comments it was a winner.

How are things at your end?

Hopefully Mr D will find his feet soon @Former-Member itll be easier on both him and you too. Im glad ypur cleanup is becoming more apparent. Its really good to see progress isnt it. Sounds like your new recipie is a keeper! Do you mind me asking what it was?

I was in hospital over night. Struggling quite abit mentally myself and have decided to ask for help. I stopped asking for help and just shut down from everyone and everything but i need help so im giving therapy another go. Im on 3 new medications now to try out but are abit dangerous and may only be short term. One is ok, the other could cause liver damage ao monthly bloods are required and the other is addictive and is for sleep so i can only stay on them short term and only 3 nights a week.
I had 6 hrs sleep in 15 days as of a few days ago. I had a good few nights now back to not sleeping unless i take meds.
Pops been pretty difficult lately too. Hes been complaining to me about me and alot of other things ao im trying to deal with one thing at a time. We find out his results for his pancreas of the 25th of this month. Hes had lots of tests so i really hope something shows but something good or a better outcome to what im thinking
Former-Member
Not applicable

Mmmm @outlander that lack of sleep does not sound good. Hope the pdoc can find something that helps keep your symptoms at bay and that the therapist can help you with coping mechanisms.

Thanks @Former-Member its a loong process just when i thought the meds were ok now they arent so more changes.
Thanks for checking in on me too ❤❤
Former-Member
Not applicable

The recipe was Mexi-slaw a coleslaw type salad with a Mexican twist. Took a photo of recipe but file too big to upload.
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us