Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking after ourselves

greenpea
Senior Contributor

Yucky pucky water!

Part of my new years resolution was to drink more water so here I go I am guzzelling it down by the litre and it tastes revolting!!! That is all I wanted to say on the matter.:(

212 REPLIES 212
Former-Member
Not applicable

Re: Yucky pucky water!

I hate to be an annoying know it all, but you don't need to drink when you're not thirsty.
If you are swapping water for other beverages, that's a great thing! Good on you!
But if you are following the silly notion that one must drink 'x' liters of water a day- someone has misled you.
Your thirst reflex is all you need to keep you hydrated and unless you have certain diseases, will keep you super tip top healthy.

@Former-Member I have edema so I am trying to treat it with drinking some water plus limiting salt etc and it appears to be working. Days of eating junk food are over for this lil black duck. 😞

Former-Member
Not applicable

Well, YAY Good on you!
Are you allowed a little of sugarfree cordial?
I buy some stuff that I keep in my bag all the time that's really tasty. And it might make it more palatable for you.
5-HT is losing weight this year - 25kg I hope! She needs to get her bottom into the gym and her hand off the lolly jar!

@Former-Member Yes I need to lose weight and get fit without being ridiculous ... I could try cordial .... I will give it a go ... thanks 5-HT. Let us both help each other with this if you like. If you feel you are weakening talk to me and I will do the same with you. Then we will make it to December 31  k1los lighter and super fit.

What do you think?

Former-Member
Not applicable

Monday is gym day for me.
Scared!!!
But I have to promise myself I'm going to do it.
How's the junk food ban going?

Hello @greenpea, @Former-Member

I have CKD so i need to drink more water

Let us both help each other with this if you like --- can I join you xx

Hello @outlander, @Lunar, @Faith-and-Hope, @Ant7, @MoonGal, @Jacques, @CheerBear, @cheerbear29, @Pepsimax, @BlueBay, @Sylvester, @Former-Member,

@greenpeacordial is good, so is adding water to oranje juice- say half and half of each. you can get flavoured water from the shops as well. 

or chopping some oranges and fruits and then freezing them overnight and then adding them to your drinkbottle the next day to add abit of flavour as well. 

@greenpea I drink a lot of water when I exercise I find it easier to drink water then anything else while I’m doing it

@Former-Member not one piece of junk food has crossed my lips ... God I miss it! Day 7. Good Luck tomorrow. Let us know how you go at the gym.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us