Skip to main content

Opening Hours
Mon - Fri 8.30 am - 4:30pm

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

@Shaz51 wrote:

@Former-Member  I always seems to be running on empty . how can i helpmyself @greenspace 

Are there people you can say No to occasionally, @Shaz51 ? 

Or people who you can say "You need to support me as much as I support you" to?

Re: Topic Tuesday // How to support yourself while supporting others // Tues 18 June, 7pm AEST

G'day @Froggyhawk  Welcome to tonight's event! Feel free to respond to any questions or discussion points to share your own experience. Sounds like you have a lot of layers to work through, well done to you on reaching out for some peer support. It's a pretty awesome online community this one 🙂

Would recommend reading our community guidelines here too.

For me its a guy feeling or a slushy brain feeling or feeling like I have a monkey on my back.

I use an app called gratitude. It can give a different perspective on why I should be grateful and some of statements encourage me to write in its online daily journal. I recommend trying it.

@eheadspace 

Hi @Froggyhawk, that's a lot you're dealing with!

Are there people you can say No to occasionally, @Shaz51 ? 

Or people who you can say "You need to support me as much as I support you" to,, amm mkes it hard @greenspace  betweene customores , my elderly mum and my husband who has Bipolar 11 and other diagnosis

People are so used to me saying yes that when I say no it is a surprise to them and they don't know how to handle it.

@Shakeelah25  love the idea of a gratitude app! thanks for sharing this! 

Yes! @Kylie2  Totally 🙂 I believe we will be delving into this later. But if you have any ideas for self-care, feel free to share 😄

Sorry my background post, which explained what needed to be said - has been removed.

I cannot re-type that post.

Adge

Search Mental Health Carers NSW