Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

LostAngel
Senior Contributor

starting to get Fed up with Lockdown 7

Hello Everyone Ill get straight to it ,I am starting to feel fed up with Lockdown 7 as Im sure many are feeling simular by now,Last night I got so bored but eventually found something to do thank goodness for youtube videos as watching youtube videos has helped kept me sane this time around,today I also resorted to watching TicTok videos for a laugh,Last night I also talked to Lifeline and they tried to give some suggestions for how to find creative things to do whilst in isolation,Online Groceries are being delivered and Ive gotten some sweet foods and snacks as a coping mechanisim also sleeping has been a voping mechanisim so basically,sleeping,youtube,Movies,eating snacks, and cleaning the house at least this time Im not resorting to drinking Alcohol at least for now ,Im trying to find something creative to do and more importantly things that help me laugh,also am tired of getting phone calls and messages from the school about a lack of online attendance being marked even though the school work is being done,so it seems communication all round has been more of an issue than usual in different situations,I did finally sleep a more normal amount of hours waking at 10am this morning even though I stayed up well past midnight lastnight but then I made the mistake of going back to bed for another three hours sleep before eating a quick breakfast in the afternoon before I got my phone appointment from my docter regarding mental health and how Im going,I do have to say though that my doctor is good and empathetic so far she thinks my meds are working to help even my moods out which is good and yes I spoke to my doctor about the issue of over sleeping,my phychologist appointment is booked for a few weeks time ,I have noticed during lockdown that Im more anxcious rather than depressed as I was particulary tense last night and also bored ect lack of creativity,I may have to start turning my phone off when I dont want to recieve messages and phone calls while sleeping,put in some more boundaries and also communicate better with those around me ,I did find that reading books has been helpfull as well as writting ,thanks everyone Ill try to figure out whats for dinner tonight now maybe something easy like 2 minute noodles or spagahetti on toast thanks for listening stay safe 

1 REPLY 1

Re: starting to get Fed up with Lockdown 7

awake again,thinking but will try to get some sleep ,feel its best to turn off my phone I am safe just bored and annoyed at myself for making as usual small mistakes that I shouldnt be making stay safe everyone 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us