Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: not coping

@outlander  yes it is stay strong in the knowledge of it being the right thing to do for both of you.  xx

how long has your son been in a SIL? @greenpea

hey @tyme how are you

Hey @outlander ,

I'm well. I've been reading your updates. You've got a lot on your plate my dear.

I'm here for you.

indeed @tyme but at least it more positive even if it is alot of changes and terrifying lol

Any change can be terrifying @outlander 

Your battler's spirit is a real inspiration. 

No one knows what will happen in the future, yet you have shown what it is to embrace the future and to just keep going.

I'm so proud of you.

Please know we are here for you. I don't want you to think you have to do this alone. I recognise there's so much up in the air for you at the moment. 

I hope you hear from NDIS soon.

@outlander  officially 2 months but he had a few months where he was visiting the supported living to get used to it.

Thank you @tyme ❤️

How do you feel about him being there? @greenpea
I work in a few Sil houses in my local area, it always takes time for newbies to adjust but once it becomes more like home they’re ok.
Hopefully his fellow housemates are a good match too and they have some similar interests too

@outlander   i know he has to be there.  i wont be around forever and he needs to be in a safe place and i cannot expect his siblings to be looking after him full time they need their own lives.  i miss him though and when he says can he come home it breaks my heart to be honest. the sil is wonderful the workers are all lovely and he other client is great.

Wishing you a good day today @outlander hoping things are going ok.

Hi @greenpea so nice to see you on here. 

Sending some 💗💗to you both

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us