Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

anthisime
New Contributor

i cannot control my thoughts anymore

for a while now i am worried that i might have bpd. though i dont have a professional diagnosis my gp has decided to give me mood stabilizers and its been a great help this past month. a few days ago i accidentally skipped my meds for a day and ended up splitting on someone i love. this is my first time ever displaying these emotions towards other people because often times i would be able to keep it in me, but not this time. i feel extremely guilty of how i acted, and now i wished i hadn't said the things that ive said. i had a full blown meltdown yesterday and had to call a helpline because i felt like i was a danger to myself. i wish i wasn't like this, its so tiring living everyday feeling like i'm going to explode anytime

2 REPLIES 2

Re: i cannot control my thoughts anymore

Hi!

I was prescribed a mood stabiliser by my GP so I said to her I should go to a psychiatrist. I have been a stable bipolar person for a while now. Still seeing the same psychiatrist for 9 years now.

A psychiatrist will sort your meds out. If you are feeling unstable it is time to revisit your support network. Good on you for calling the help line.

Cheers,

chordsinger

Re: i cannot control my thoughts anymore

Hi @anthisime 

Welcome to our community. I'm really sorry to hear about what happened yesterday but glad you called the helpline and I'm glad you've posted here. There are folks on here who can relate to you.

How are you feeling tonight? Do you feel safe for the time being?

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us