Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Ella10
New Contributor

Too tired and anxious for life

Hello to everyone out there, this is the first time I have posted so see how we go.

I have had a lot on my plate this year as my husband had a severe psychotic breakdown and I was put in a position of keeping our business running whilst also working in it too, heavy physical work, and being at the hospital every day.

I function well in these situations as I am a very anxious person and in crisis I do well until...

Things slow down, no more hospital visits, things with my husband's health improve and then I'm on the couch for four days.

4 months later and in the meantime I have had to start a new job, continue care and I feel like I have nothing left.

I know I need time to rest and get into better physical health as my regular medications are not helping my anxiety and depression anymore but time off is off of the cards.

I wanted to ask if anyone has just quit the life that they're living and up and started something new and if this has helped.

Both of us are craving a new lifestyle, maybe somewhere lovely, peaceful and tropical. The life we are in is not working out.

Thanks for reading and humbly ask for a reply 🙏 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Too tired and anxious for life

Hi @Ella10 

Welcome!

I think there is nothing wrong at all with starting anew!

It could be just what you need. What I do for big life changes is make lists of pros and cons. It can be helpful. But sometimes you just have to go with your gut and go for it.

I would love to hear from others who have done this.

Hugs 

Hanami

Thankyou so much for reading and your advice 🪷

I'm struggling with the same issue of packing up and finding something. It's so hard with a partner where you have great communication but impossible to navigate if things are emotional 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us