Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Hokeypokey
Casual Contributor

Overwhelmed

I’m just dealing with too much. I’m tired of fighting mental illness each day. I can make it better with more medication. Except then the medication ruins my physical health (overeating, weight gain, lack of energy, etc)

I’ve been unemployed for twelve months now. Nobody wants to hire a deadbeat without any real experience. I’m unable to afford independent living, which makes me feel trash

I fell in love this year. And she treated me terribly. She used a mental health episode to portray me as dangerous to the police. I was dragged through court for sending too many “breakup messages”

I’m sick, and nobody seems to understand why I am so sick. The experiences I have had in my life were terrible, and would be enough for a person without mental illness to be in significant distress

i was fully diagnosed in 2020, which has helped me to understand why I am in distress. There’s enough things going on, that I can be certain that I’ll never live a normal life

I just wish people could see the burden I carry, instead of treating me like garbage. The majority of painful experiences I’ve been through could have been avoided with the bare minimum knowledge of mental health 

I’m not at suicide risk, as I’ve learnt to manage those thoughts and behaviours. But I’m simply exhausted from fighting an uphill battle with my mental health… is there some pot of gold at the end of the rainbow; some reality where I don’t live in constant distress?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Overwhelmed

Hey @Hokeypokey ,

I'm sorry to hear about the relationship where you were not treated well. It sounds like it's so tough.

You deserve so much more. Please know you are not alone in this. 

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us