Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Jayy1
Contributor

Not coping at the moment

I feel embarrassed to even say this but at the moment I’m struggling and I live in Victoria and I am so scared that covid Is back and I don't want t to do another lockdown I can't do lockdown three if have to do another lockdown I will killmyself  I'm just saying I won't cope and also I'm supposed to go back to work on Monday but I feel like a grade shit so don't want to reopen also our baby is due in March and I'm freaking out 

oh man I feel sick I physically feel sick and I can't do this 

but also it's stupid to feel like this 

so idk 

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Not coping at the moment

This is a worry. At the moment it seems to be ok and no speak of another lock down. Perhaps take it may be worth taking one day at a time @Jayy1 and not think too far ahead just yet. It sounds like you have a lot to look forward to with the baby! I hope you are ok. Call lifeline if you need to talk in more detail about how you are feeling 131114 at the moment. It may help? 

Not stupid to feel that way 😞  I remember the day that Victoria opened up again (I'm in qld) and saying in a team meeting how we just could not know what you guys had been through, it was very emotional, and I think the trauma of having to go through that again makes absolutely perfect sense.  I haven't lived it but my anxiety is through the roof reading about vid and nsw and the expanding outbreaks.  The risk of cases exploding rests on a kings edge.  I look at so many places drowning in cases exponentially higher than first and second waves and that scares the bejesus out of me.   I have no answers 😞  only to remind myself to be kind to me, this is a pandemic, this is not normal, we are living through trauma on a global scale and we will be forever changed by it 

@Jayy1 @Buster1976  I hear you. I can really understand how hard it would be. 

You are so right @Buster1976  these are unusual times, and the world has changed through it all.

@Jayy1  It’s not long till your baby comes. I can understand there would be stress related to that also. Sending you positive vibes .

Take care where you can.

@Jayy1 how are you today?

Do you live on your own or with others? If with others do they know how you're feeling?

And Brisbane is in lockdown 🤦🏼‍♀️ Only 3 days but everyone is expecting it to go longer. For all that it is stressful, I do not want to replicate the US or UK where numbers are sky high with no end in sight 🤞🏻

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us