Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

ilovemydog
New Contributor

I'm struggling

I'm really struggling with my anorexia and my depression at the moment. On one hand half my brain is yelling at me not to get out of bed and stay asleep and sleep the day away because its all so overwhelming, and the other half is telling me to get up and eat and exercise. I've been really unable to balance the two illnesses lately.

The anorexia is relapsing in terms of exercise and having to at minimum go out for 2 x 20 and 2 x 40 minute walks, and the depression is the other suffocating factor.

It all seems to much and i can't not do one or the other. I don't know what to do or how to allow myself to not walk. There's no winning. I don't even feel like i've articulated it well

3 REPLIES 3

Re: I'm struggling

Hi and welcome, @ilovemydog .

I don't have any answers, but just want to say I hear your struggle. 

I'm wondering if you have a counsellor / psychologist to help you with the struggle?

Hi @ilovemydog ,

I don't have the answers either, but I just want to let you know I am here and listening. I can see that managing your anorexia and depression is difficult at the moment and you're feeling overwhelmed and lost. What are some ways you have coped in the past?

Heart from cloudcore

Hi @ilovemydog,

I really hear your struggle of having anorexia and depression at the same time. I struggled with depression and EDNOS at the same time and can relate the conflicting thoughts around exercise and staying in bed. I found it so difficult to manage these conflicting thoughts when I was struggling and I understand that they can be quite overwhelming and cause so much stress, anxiety and frustration. I don't have all the solutions for you unfortunately but I'm glad you have found yourself here on these forums where you're able to express yourself, its so important to talk about how we are feeling. Do you have other supports/people you're able to reach out to?

One thing that I have learnt over the years is the importance of being kind to myself. Is there something nice you can do for yourself this afternoon/tonight?

Take care, CalmingNature Heart

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us