Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Freak idiot me

@Former-Member

I've had a lot of that done to me before when supports or services withdraw because they can't help anymore. And yeah, it's really bloody hard. And it's like now what? Please don't give up. There will be people out there to support and help you. I found one such worker last year, and she was so helpful even though I still kept attempting suicide. She kept believing in me and supporting me, so I kept coming back every week. This is people who care.

I'm not sure where you are, like what state, and you can't say where you live, but have you tried Orygen, Head space, any of the youth support services?

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Sans911 I got kicked out the only place I have ever felt safe and comfortable in my life, they just kicke.d me out like I meant nothing. My only safe place.  I have tried a lot of counsellors and psychologists but I can’t see then it’s not the way I prefer to get help I can’t just sit there and talk I want help where I can talk about stuff but it’s not  so forced cause I don’t like that like maybe we play basketball or go for a walk there’s one place I know but I’m too scared to go after everything that’s happened I can put money on being shown the door and getting hurt by them like the last place did to me 

I understand @Former-Member. It's sounds like it's pretty hard to trust people cause you've been let down so much. Don't give up ok? There is someone out there who will be right for you.
Former-Member
Not applicable

Not after all this time @Sans911
Former-Member
Not applicable

I wish I was never born

Hi @Former-Member and welcome

sounds like you were pretty distressed last night. @Sans911@Queenie and @Eucalypt have offerred some wonderful support.

Alot of members including myself have had troubles with professionals, experience isolation and exclusion but I hope that others sharing their experiences with you allows you to feel abit less alone.

With being on the forums, we dont just expect you to change overnight and understand that your trying your best. I dont think your a bad person, just someone who is struggling to manage their emotions and I hope that we can help you here as well as some offline supports. Yes of course you deserve, support and understanding and it really is hard when it seems everyone is giving up on you. It has shown great courage for you to come here for some help, we arent going anywhere.

You say youll get kicked off this site, however if you follow the guidelines then I dont think thatll happen. Please do take the time to read the guidelines and although you might get really angry, please still be mindful of others too.

Both @Queenie and @Sans911 have asked if you have some supports currently and have suggested a few places but you havent meantioned anything in that realm so- do you have any supports currently? What has helped you in the past for your anger?

I think I read 'your not a bad kid' do you mind if I ask you age? Perhaps we can think of other things that might be helpful in your age bracket. I too am a young member and I know of some others as well that I can tag here or introduce you onto on another thread if your interested.

You said that you want to talk but not feel forced, youd rather talk and walk or play basketball, most counsellors are only those who tend to speak in a psych room however if you do some research I know that in my area (although it can be expensive) they do offer walk and talk therapy where you meet at a park or elsewhere and walk for the hr whilst talking. Maybe there is something near you that offers that as well. Peer support workers might be good for you too, from what ive read from other members you not only get the chance to talk to them about what is happening but you do go out to the shops or play basketball or something as well.

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us