Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Lulu86
New Contributor

Feeling nothing

Hello. I’m new here and it was suggested that I post on here and get some help or read other posts that may help me with how I’m feeling. 
a week ago I was found almost non responsive. My best friends partner found me and called the ambulance. I have done this before however I usually scare myself and call the ambulance. This time I had no fear. I turned my phone off and was ready to die. 
still a week on I’m feeling this empty and not scared feeling. I am seeing the critical care team at the hospital in 2 days but I feel this is yet another dead end (as it has been before) has anyone been though this? 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Feeling nothing

Hey @Lulu86 welcome, glad to have you with us. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so rough for you lately. I hope you find what you're looking for in the community! 

I can really sense that this time feels different, and perhaps there is something to be said for the effects of shock? It also might be that your brain is numbing your emotions to protect you, which is something that can happen when we're thrust into survival mode. 

There's certainly a few folks here who have been in a similar place, so hopefully you can feel a little less alone in your experiences. 

Do you feel safe for the time being? It's good that you're seeing the critical care team soon, but it sounds like you don't have high hopes for support from them. Do you have much other support, like a psych or counsellor? 

We also have some tips & tricks for newbies here, if you're interested, as well as a how-to guide for posting safely about suicide on the forums. Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything 💜

@Lulu86 Hi I'm a newbie too. Recently had an admission now home thankfully. Best wishes for Christmas. 

Hi @Lulu86 and @Beagle 

Welcome to our community! 💕

Hi @Lulu86,
Wishing for you having a good connection with the critical care team. Hopefully they can provide a contact for you that you can get ongoing support.
Cheers,
chordsinger
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us