Skip to main content
Forums Home
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Re: Feel like no one likes me. The world is against me.

Hi @BradyBird, your life has been tough and it's not surprising that you might be down and anxious. Just wondering if you have professional support people to talk to, like a trusted GP, psychologist, psychiatrist or some other kind of counsellor. I find these kinds of support so very helpful to my wellbeing emotionally. If you don't already have this kind of support in place, it might help to start with your GP. If you already have this kind of help in place, that's great and I hope that is giving you some relief. Wishing you well, Maz.

Hi @Appleblossom

I think ir's perfectly natural to speak to birds and animals - we speak to our pets after all and that is fine

My daughter is a horticulturalist and she started her career as a gardening apprentice - she would talk to the plants before she pruned them and it seems natural to me

Of course she was a teenager then - I don't know if she still does this - she was pretty strong into caring for plants though and they thrive for her

On the other hand I don't talk to my plants and I seem to have a brown elbow rather than a green thumb - maybe there is something in it

Dec

That's what THEY tell us to say anyway - we feel better in the chairs so throughfully providedThat's what THEY tell us to say anyway - we feel better in the chairs so throughfully provided

Hi @BradyBird

Yes lots of birds.

Glad to meet you.

Adge

hello @BradyBird, how are you this morning Heart

Hi guys I had a bit of a rough day yesterday with a few things going wrong.

@Shaz51 Same feelings of "the world is against me" and "i'm not meant to be happy".

It's now 3am and I am feeling a bit better now.

Why is it worse in the mornings after I wake up than what it is at night before I go to sleep??

I am just getting ready to go to bed but I wanted to come back on and reply to everyone 🙂 Hoping tomorrow is a better day!

@Mazarita I did see a psychologist a while back that my GP referred me to. I had about 6 sessions with her but I wasn't really feeling any benefit from it. In fact it made me more anxious every time I had an appointment because I knew I had to talk about myself and I don't like talking about myself at all really. Our appointments were too far apart as well. I feel I might have gained more if I could have seen the psychologist every few days rather than every 2-3 weeks. 

I have been on some AD's for a period of 2-3 years (which I was taking when I was seeing the psychologist) but I stopped taking them because I kept getting angry at myself for the times when I missed a daily dosage and I didn't like the brain zaps if I did miss a dose. The brain zaps really scared me.

Any how, my answer to your question is no. I do not currently have any proffessional help. My GP has the records of my situation but in the last 12 months or so that I haven't been taking the tablets, she has not once really asked me how i'm doing. She seems to be just another one of those doctors that only worry about their pocket.

@Appleblossom and @Owlunar.. I always talk to my birds and I never worry about what anyone thinks when it comes to them 🙂

My birds even talk back to me some times too!! lol 🙂 🙂

@Adge It's so lovely to meet you! I always enjoy meeting other bird enthusiasts 🙂

How big is your flock?? 

Hi @BradyBird

Yes I'm enthusiastic about my birds,

& know a lot about our wildlife & plants.

I have about 60 finches.

Bengalese, zebras, canaries, goldfinches, red faced parrot finches, javas, orange breasts, 3 cockatiels, budgies, bourke parrots & 2 doves.

Adge

@BradyBird 

It is alright to doctor shop.  Next time you have any issue, suss someone else out.

It took me 10 years to get that. They have different personalities and someone else may suit - mesh with you - a bit better.

Take Care

Apple

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us