Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Something’s not right

Former-Member
Not applicable

Consolation

I'm trying to find some consolation tonight. my medical appointment tomorrow is gonna bring a whole lot of new information to me which is making me nervous. At the moment I'm eating some chocolate raisins, appetite has been really crap the last few days but I do try to eat when I can.

9 REPLIES 9

Re: Consolation

Hey @Former-Member 

This information that you are expecting to receive, what is it about this information thats causing you stress?  Do you expect it to impact you in a negative way?

Dimity
Senior Contributor

Best wishes for the medical appt @Former-Member . I hope the communication is clear and positive and you can negotiate the outcomes you need. Let us know how you get on.

I’ll be thinking of you tomorrow @Former-Member and hoping the news is good with clear explanations ❤️🤗❤️

Former-Member
Not applicable

@AusieRecharger @Dimity @Eve7 I can't say there will definitely be negative implications. I'm more concerned about how I'll be judged by the community. To be honest, I will probably isolate myself even more. My medical doctors are actually good with my medical program. It'll be my support network who will be trying to stop me from isolating myself and they do their best to protect me from issues brought on by the community, of which I won't disclose. I'm not allowed to disclose my medical program on here either @AusieRecharger because I don't like breaching community guidelines. Sometimes the mods have to intervene with me, but then again, I know when I'm aware of what I'm doing and when I'm less aware, something which the moderators are aware of. So I can't disclose too much about my mental health program.
If I don't come back on here for a day or two, it's because I'm getting used to new medical options. But not to worry, I think my program will work out, and I'm well-protected from unsafe community stigma. It's a long story and I don't want me or anybody else on here to be identified so I won't say anything. I'm being looked after, so all good! I'm safe tonight!

Hi @Former-Member  I respect your privacy and am here for you whenever you're on the forum.This is the good thing about anonymity and we don't have to share what isn't necessary and noone will judge you here.

Willing to have a cuppa with you when you're ready. 

Former-Member
Not applicable

@Eve7 I'm ok with interacting on forums. I don't like most people in RL. Some people are good of course. But it's my lack of tolerance and how other real life people view me in general which isn't a good mix. GP is also helping with that. They aren't too happy with they've been hearing about either so they're keeping track of my well-being as well so it's not much harm will come to me at this point. There are too many people for most bad-intentioned people to take risks with creating conflict and trouble for me. It just means until I get a regular psychiatrist, I have to have medicines given in hospital if I'm really unwell and my regular treatments at home. Then when I get a regular psychiatrist, those inpatient-prescribed treatments can be set up at home, similar to when being diagnosed with any other complex illness. The GP explained this situation with regards to medical program options yesterday and I'm not so confused now. It may mean a few more hospital admissions until I see a psychiatrist in the community, just like so many of us with new diagnoses. It just took an extremely long time and a massive mental breakdown over Christmas for things to get to this point. It always takes some kind of physical and/or mental deterioration for something to bloody change.

That sounds complicated @Former-Member but I understand as I‘ve had  to go into hospital for ECT which can’t be done at home 

I’m glad it’s been explained to you and I hope you can get s regular pdoc who is suitable for you,

Hi @Eve7 perhaps you meant to tag @Former-Member ... 

Best wishes to you both  I hope you find the treatment and support you need

Oops my bad @Dimity All fixed now and I hope you have a good day.

😊

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us