Skip to main content
Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social Spaces

Re: Talking about pets.

Hey Kenny66

I love the names of your cats. I had a big smile when I read your post. Thanks

Harry

LOL @Harry
'Forum Pets' I love it!!!

Hi Harry-thanks

I will post a pic when I can work out how to do it.

Love this topic! Sometimes I think pets do not get the recognition they deserve in terms of their impact on our mental health (I think workplaces that allow people to bring in their dogs are brilliant). I don't have a dog but I still love patting any I come across in the park - or even just watching them run around and play gives me a little piece of joy. 

Hey NikNik

I'm thinking all good forums need a mascot? I wonder what the mascot for the "Lived Experiences Forum" might be? Food for thought perhaps?

Seeing that this is a pretty fun light hearted thread members might like to suggest a mascot and tell everyone why they chose them.

Like most people I love all animals so that's a tough call. It's a toss up between monkeys and penguins for me (I do like sloths too).

I would choose PENGUIN. The reason is that they are loving, the male plays an integral part of the family, they endure through all kinds of extremes and overcome many adverseries. They are so cute and of course they are always impecibly dressed hehehehehehe!

Harry

Awesome idea Harry!!
What do others think??
What mascot represents the Lived Experience community?

If people want to suggest what they like & we could create a poll on the forums? What do you think Harry?

Re: Pet forum..send mascot

Great idea Harry.
I love penguins because they live in community and really look out for each other. Although I am basing this on my limited knowledge through David Attenborough and Happy Feet😄 my other favourites are meerkats...and possums...maybe we could have a scrolling mascot that changes each week, I like rainbow serpents too..

Hey NikNik

Brilliant idea and loads of fun. A poll sounds like a great fun idea and would be something that everyone could join in on if they wanted to.

Harry

Re: Pet forum..send mascot

Way to go Alessandra. That's thinking out of the box.........I do like the rainbow serpent idea. David Attenborough rocks.....his voice is better than some meds hehehehehe! Meercats are so awsome too. I loved (many times) Meercat Manor.

I have Happy Feet in my DVD library and it gets a regular showing.

Harry

Hey butterflychaser

It would be great to see more pets allowed in the workplace for sure. Unfortunately there's all that legal stuff to navigate.

Watching puppies play fills me with joy also. I am fortunate to be able to "puppysit" a friends dog on a regular basis and there are loads of dog friendly parks around my area.

Harry

Illustration of people sitting and standing

New here?

Chat with other people who 'Get it'

with health professionals in the background to make sure everything is safe and supportive.

Register

Have an account?
Login

For urgent assistance

Mental Illness Fellowship of Australia (NT), MIFA(NT) is a non-government organisation providing services for people living with a mental illness and their carer’s and families. 

Image credit to Louise Denton Photography

Contact

2/273 Bagot Rd,
Coconut Grove, NT 0810

PO Box 40556,
Casuarina NT 0811

P: (08) 8948 1051
Freecall: 1800 985 944 
F: (08) 8948 2473

Emailadmin@mifant.org.au   

Follow Us